Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD not loading after first run

Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
We have recently starting using creative cloud mostly for indesign or photoshop but one of the teachers expressed an interest in using XD. XD will run fine the first time after installation under the user profile but once the user closes XD from then on it will get stuck on the XD loading screen 

I have spent some time googling and tried a number of fixes already from wiping temp files to running cc cleaner after uninstalling / reinstalling 

If the user moves to a different PC they can run XD again but only once 

Any help greatly appreciated 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on a Windows 10 machine? If so, you might try the recommendations here:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

So far I have tried 

tried uninstalling / reinstalling XD

tried uninstalling reinstalling creative cloud via our network deployment tool

updated nvidia drivers to latest version + ran windows update

used creative cloud cleaner tool

manually removed c:\user\adobe files on another attempt

and the file at C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe/Adobe XD/CSDKConfigurator.exe won't run? either normally or under an administrator login 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Matt27926410v1ys,

Thanks for trying the steps suggested. Would you mind doing a clean uninstall and reinstall of XD as mentioned in this article: Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool to solve installation problems and let us know if that works.

If not, please generate logsCrash dumps and upload them to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the URL with me over a private message for investigation.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika

I have generated the log but the program doesn't upload it probably due to our firewall settings so I will send this over to you.

Also I'm not sure if I am doing something wrong but i've completed the clean install of XD and run it (as always it runs ok the first time) then logged off and back on so recreate the the problem but as the program is sat on a white page with the XD logo in the background and not crashing just stalling there seems to be no crash log generated for it

I have also tried the uninstalling all the C++ redistributables before trying the clean install which didn't work 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check with Adobe ID on Adobe ID site how active devices you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently have 1 machine registered which is the one I was testing on last week 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Matt27926410v1ys,

Thank you for sharing the requested logs file. I have sent you a private message to gather more system details so that I can escalate the issue to the product team for investigation.

Please verify and share the requested info.

We will make every effort to look into the issue and assist you.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines