Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD not loading Open Type fonts

Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Using Suitcase to manage fonts at the moment.

We have OT fonts used (for example, Arial MT).

These are not being recognized by XD, is there a reason for this? They said they are missing even though we have them loaded. 

Thanks so much,

Nicole 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi defaultl8mlh9k68g76,

We are sorry for the delay in response. We would like to confirm if this font is visible in any other Adobe apps. In which folder in your machine this font is installed?

Please check if it's visible in any other app.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika!

Thank you so much for your response. 

We are using Suitcase to host fonts. Those fonts are in a folder on a shared server. 

The fonts are still visible in other adobe apps, however in Photoshop 2022 (newest update) this OTF is not compatible. We had to stick with Photoshop 2021. 

One of the OTF we are having issues with is ArialMT (postscript name). The other OTF is a client font that we don't have issues with in other adobe programs, only XD.  

Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to add a little bit more info here after some further research. 

Appears Adobe programs won't be compatible with Post Script fonts by 2023. We are slowly converting fonts over to OTF, which is suppose to be compatible with Adobe products. They work with most applications except XD

Second question is, is there going to be an update so OTF is compatible with XD? Seems like it should since Post Script will be obsolete in the near future? 

Thanks so much for looking into this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, OTF works fine in my XD. It must be to do with your particular font file, or Suitcase? If you DM me your ArielMT.otf I'm happy to test it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kenneth,

You're right, I did some more testing with other OT fonts and they seem to work fine. 

It must just be these fonts in particular. I'm going to see if I can send these for testing to you, I appreciate it! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines