• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD occasionally crashes my entire computer

Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a very long time now XD has been causing a weird crash on my computer, and I don't even know where to begin troubleshooting it. This crash can happen as soon as 3 minutes into work, or it might take a few hours (usually takes from 30 min to 1hr), and the way the crash happens goes something like this.

When doing an action, like moving an object, renaming a layer, or editing with a component (I observed it happens more often when dealing with components, especially when inside multiple ones), my PC suddenly freezes for a few seconds, and when it regains control, a lot of things are crashed and weird. My audio driver crashes, my internet connection is cut, my keyboard only works partially and XD becomes almost entirely unresponsive, although it doesn't closes. The only way to fix it is by forcing a shutdown, because even a regular shutdown doesn't work (it hangs on the "Shutting down" screen). After starting up the PC again, it usually means the cloud save is corrupted and I'm forced to download a previous version and re-upload to the cloud, which is frustrating because that means making a new Dev link and giving permissions each time I make an update to the files.

As I said, I have no clue on where to begin troubleshooting this. This issue only happens when using XD and it's so weird. I haven't found anyone with this issue, so I'm suspecting it has to be a hardware-related problem, because it has also persisted through different OS (upgraded from win10 to win11) and different graphics cards, and it still persists.. I'll post below a list of my hardware.

At this point I feel like dropping XD entirely because it is impossible to work like this. Any help would be appreciated, please let me know if I should provide any other info.

PC Specs:

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro Version 10.0.22000 Build 22000

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor, 3700 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070

Installed RAM 16,0 GB 2666mhz

TOPICS
Crash on windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like it could be a similar problem that was posted in the following thread:

If you're using the most recent version of XD (otherwise try updating), then you might try sending @Rishabh_Tiwari the details requested in that reply from that post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2022 Dec 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Myra, thank you for your reply!

I've seen several reports of XD crashing for other users, but in my case almos my entire system is crashing which is super weird. Either way I will use the Log collector tool and hopefully it helps identifying the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 23, 2022 Dec 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Danilo5CC8,

We are sorry for the frustration. Would you mind getting in touch with us directly using our contact us page so that we can help you remotely on a 1:1 basis?

We will try our best to investigate the issue and help you.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines