• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD Permormance Decreasing

Contributor ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does XD become slower as the layering structure becomes complex? For example if a single layout is using nested components, 10 or more states, and scroll groups. All interactions happen on the same layout. The file size is larger but not like Photoshop can get. All artwork in the layout is vector. Thanks.

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Syeds , I'm pasting @HARSHIKA_VERMA 's answer in some other post below, the part that includes suggestions for optimal performance:

We recommend no more than 6 states in a component for best performance, but this gets expensive when there are lots of nested components.

It also looks like they are hiding nested components in different states. This practice should be avoided for best performance and file size. Instead, delete the hidden nested components in each state.

Some aspects to keep in mind, happy designing! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the advice. I cleaned out my XD file. I created a new document and pasted a section at a time in a cloud documet. They all pasted but the component that has multiple states and components (complex) will not paste in another local black document or in the clound document. I cannot take it out and upload here. It is something in this component that is preventing me from copy/paste.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see, thinking what I'd try, I'd save the file with a different name and delete everything else except the component I want to share. Have you tried that? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines