• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD Plugin "MaskText" doesn't show its' font size on design spec?

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I use XD plugin "MaskText" when i need to layout in a small area because i don't want the extra space aroud text box. But I realized if I use this plugin, it doesn't show its font-size or font-family on design specs

At my design office, we share design specs with developers for coding, so I'd like to know if there is any way to show its font infomation without removing the mask.

I appreciate if someone can answer me.

TOPICS
Design , How to , Plug-ins

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Hi @Miku26355986xhl2, I installed the plugin and created a test file, masking the text with the plugin, as far as I can see, if you export your design for development (by selecting "Development" under the "View Settings" options under the Share tab) it's possible to see font and text size. You can see it here https://xd.adobe.com/view/6ff2e9f8-bfad-4a7b-9fc5-40c4b383d79a-3aa1/specs/ Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Miku26355986xhl2, I installed the plugin and created a test file, masking the text with the plugin, as far as I can see, if you export your design for development (by selecting "Development" under the "View Settings" options under the Share tab) it's possible to see font and text size. You can see it here https://xd.adobe.com/view/6ff2e9f8-bfad-4a7b-9fc5-40c4b383d79a-3aa1/specs/ Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2022 Oct 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, AkinGn!! I really appreciate you installed the plugin and tried how it works!

My problem was when I click on the text area (Mask), it usualy shows the font information, but it doesn't when the text is masked... But I figured that if I click on the text area with pressing command button, it shows font information even if it's masked!!

Thank you for your help! It helped me to learn XD!! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2022 Oct 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh I see, great, you're welcome and thank you too, that's great to be able to see font's size by cmd-clicking even when it's masked and you just taught me that, happy designing! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines