• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD prototypes - Game pad controllers no longer working!

Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Since the last couple of updates, the game pad controller support for prototypes has stopped working! The issues are with LT / RT and Left / Right nav sticks, they are no longer working for xbox and ps4 controllers.

This situation has been an issue for nearly a year now, I rely heavily on this functionality and I have had to use older versions of XD as a work around, I would really appreciate an estimated fix date.

Thanks,

Josh.

TOPICS
Crash on windows , Known Issue , Missing feature , Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Thank you everyone for reporting this issue and sorry for the wait. The XD Windows Xbox & PlayStation problems have been fixed in XD 39 which was just released today. Along with this fix, we have also added support for Xbox Series X/S and PlayStation 5 DualSense controllers, and added the following features:

• Gamepad triggers between component states
  • Keyboard triggers between component states
  • Voice triggers between component states

Here's a video showing the new states features:
https://youtu.be/y439flsxqhc

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Josh,

We are sorry to hear this. We'll try our best to investigate the issue. Would you mind sharing the OS and XD versions of your machine? Does that happen with every file or with a specific file? Are you getting any error messages? A short video of the workflow will be really helpful.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

The issue happens in any XD document, I’m using Window 10 Enterprise and version 37.1.32 of XD.

Workflow-

In Prototype mode:

1. Drag and interaction line to the artboard I want to go to.  
  2. Change thee trigger dropdown to Key & Gamepad
  3. Using the controller press the button I want for the interaction.
  • This is were it fails, no input happens if I use LT, RT, left and right stick on the controller.  

Thanks,

Josh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

Has there been any progress on this issue?

Looking through the Adobe support community pages this not an isolated problem.
I rely on this feature every day, and thanks to auto save I can't even open the files in an older version of XD, as legacy saves are not supported.

I cant waste time redoing all my work in an older version XD, surly there is a solution to this problem?

Thanks,
Josh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologize for the delay in response. I have logged a bug for your issue so that our team can investigate at their end. I will share the update with you as soon as I hear back from the team.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again,

Will this issue be fixed and ready for the March 2021 XD update?

Many Thanks,

Josh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Josh,

The team was able to identify the cause of the issue. You will definitely see improvements in the future releases of XD.

Thanks,

Harshika

<Marking as correct only to highlight>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Harshika,

It’s good to hear they have identified the cause, do you know in which future update this fix will happening?

It would be a great help to have an eta, so I can factor this in my planning.

Many Thanks,

Josh.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Dropping in to say I'm having the same issue and any updates on when this will be addressed would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!
Kat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harishka,

Could you be more specific as to when this will be fixed, please?

"You will definitely see improvements in the future releases of XD" is way too vague.

Some people, like OP and I, rely heavily on this feature. Every, single, day I have to use Adobe XD and every day it makes me feel frustrated, and not only because of bugs, or features that are no longer working (controllers) or not working as they should (component states) but because of the way Adobe handles the communication around bug fixing. I wouldn't mind waiting for a fix if I knew it is planned and a date is given as to when we can expect it (at least roughly).

Please, be more transparent and allow us to take into account the time you need to fix things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also rely on this, we don´t need to provide any more information about it. Just plug a gamepad to your prototype, try to add any action based on keys and gamepad and use right and left sticks, it doesn´t work anymore and it did work before. Please bring this feature back. I think this was very unprofessional, we are a serious and big game company and we trusted adobe XD for our prototypes. I want to believe this was not a wrong choice. Adobe XD is already there for a long time, stop saying this is because its an experimental tool. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you everyone for reporting this issue and sorry for the wait. The XD Windows Xbox & PlayStation problems have been fixed in XD 39 which was just released today. Along with this fix, we have also added support for Xbox Series X/S and PlayStation 5 DualSense controllers, and added the following features:

• Gamepad triggers between component states
  • Keyboard triggers between component states
  • Voice triggers between component states

Here's a video showing the new states features:
https://youtu.be/y439flsxqhc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the update! So happy to see this working 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for letting us know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much for the update! I'm looking forward to updating my XD, it's going to help so much having this functionality back ☺️

Josh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines