• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD showing different padding for the same file in MAC and windows

Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sharing this with the community so adobe can resolve this coz of this we are facing a collaboration issue. I am sharing the screen shot for the same. 

Issue: Adobe xd is showing two different paddings to two different user, Mac user is having different padding and windows and because of this issue its very difficult to collaborate between designers.

Screenshot 1 is from windowns system

Screenshot 2 is from MAC system

Screen Shot 2021-05-26 at 12.05.45 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-26 at 12.09.28 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chinmay,
what font are you using for this project? Does this problem also occur with other fonts? Also, have you encountered the same problem on other files as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Giavitulano,

After updating the latest verison on adobe XD we har facing this issue I had word with Adobe agent today but not get any solution for this issue, actually what is happening if MAC user created the file and shared with windows user so windows user are seeing a different padding as well some of the design elements also misaligned, If windows user trying to fix that it will be chenged for MAC user and if MAC user try to make it fix same will happen for windows user and because of this it very difficult for us to collabrate with each other using XD online. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing the info. I am assuming you're experiencing the similar issue mentioned here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/roboto-font-from-google-has-different-heights-on-mac-vs-pc/m...

Could you please go through the post and confirm if it's the same? If yes, please check the correct answer for the update.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

No I am not facing any issue with font height, it's about it I have given padding of 20px between two paragraphs in mac but when the same file windows user see the will se the different padding and apart from that few design elemets also mis-aligned in windows view and this happen only when we have created a file from MAC system if the file is created by windows system MAC user will see the same padding and there were no mis aligned in design elements.

Screenshot 1: windows

Screenshot 2: MAC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the information. I am checking with the team if this is a known issue. I will share the updates with you shortly. Otherwise, I'll raise a bug for it.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even my entire team is facing the same issue with the padding and spacing. Some of my colleagues use Mac and some Windows. When both types of users are on the same XD file, we see the spacing between two elements is different by 3px (-3px for windows users +3 for Mac users).

Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, is there any update for this issue please?

I'm also facing the same problem, but not between windows and mac platform, but between macbook air M1 and macbook pro M1... each macbook shows different padding and spaces dont fit well too. 

When I create design like button with Mackbook AIR, my coworker with Macbook PRO sees diferent size and diferent padding.

It's really painful and we can't work like that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still facing this same problem. Padding is inconsistent in the whole document. I faced this even when everyone in my team was working on Windows. Please suggest a fix.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @defaultawlv43brzf38,

We are aware of how annoying it could be. This is unquestionably a problem. However, the team identified that the font engines on the 2 platforms return different values for this font, and it won't be fixed until we use the same engine on both platforms.

We are sorry for the frustration. We'll pass on the feedback to the team.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

any update? its been 6 months since the last post, and this bug is now plaguing my team as well. We are in the middle of trying to launch a revamped design system and nothing is accurate. Is this the new way to silently push all of your Xd users to figma?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines