• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD still doesn't support RTL languages (Hebrew / Arabic)

Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

can someone please tell me when is that thing going to be fixed?

Designing in my own language (Hebrew) should be simple.

Do you know if it's going to be fixed in the next update?

Thanks

TOPICS
Design , Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Hi Noan,

Thanks for using Adobe XD and sharing your feedback about RTL workflow. This feature has been requested here: - Hebrew / Arabic / right-to-left (RTL) support – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs. Kindly upvote this feature and share your comments as well.

Please update this discussion in case you need further assistance.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Noan,

Thanks for using Adobe XD and sharing your feedback about RTL workflow. This feature has been requested here: - Hebrew / Arabic / right-to-left (RTL) support – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs. Kindly upvote this feature and share your comments as well.

Please update this discussion in case you need further assistance.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a loyal Israeli user who promotes Adobe XD any chance I get, I am very disappointed with the way the program handles Hebrew text. There are clearly many bugs regarding typing and editing Hebrew text that have been around for years!

Unfortunately, to bypass those bugs, I need to type and edit my Hebrew text using external tools, and then copy and paste it to Adobe Xd which costs me extra precious time at work and it's so frustrating and dissapointing that a company like Adobe leaves these bugs around for so long without fixing this fundamental feature - Text.

Every time I see an update for Adobe Xd I rush to install, hoping that this time will be the last time I will have a problem typing and editing text in Hebrew, and I'm disappointed every time.

Well Adobe, at least you took care of it here, at this text box. Thank you very very much.

שלום!

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ayanak,

I understand your frustration and apologize for it. Features in Adobe XD updates are prioritized based on a number of factors, including, but not limited to their votes on UserVoice. I request your patience until the feature is introduced.

In the mean time, I would request you to please submit your feedback and upvote the request here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12962217-hebrew-ar... if you've done yet.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

copy paste reply for years. so nice. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like Shame on adobe, I'm a new user and I'm starting to regret it. everything works fine except of XD in Arabic and Hebrew. I don't think such a thing requires a rise of voice or "feature request".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The new updates for 2020 XD, Ilustrator, Photoshop.. does not support Hebrew (which the 2019 version it does support)

All my works now seen in Jibrish 😞 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Liatm1989, if you use the steps listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/change-install-language.html are you then able to install the applications in Hebrew?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, i meant when i type in hebrew in xd, i see the words upside or the scoring are wrong

For example i see the typing like that:

...liat""

and not like that "liat..."

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no 100% Right To Left Language support in Adobe XD as far as I know. That is probably what is causing this issue. I suggest upvoting this feature request https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12962217-hebrew-ar... to help the team prioritize it.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2019 Jun 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2019-06-30 at 12.15.49 PM.png

Dears,

Please I cant write Arabic in Adobe XD with any font it supports Arabic and updated but while I am writing I cant see what I write unless I finish typing

Is any solution for this ?? Its gonna be hard if I have too much amends for a client

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, could you please tell me the specifications of your computer and the version of Adobe XD currently in use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Macbook Pro 2018 and  the version is 20.1.12.4Screen Shot 2019-06-30 at 2.38.04 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-06-30 at 2.39.56 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2019-06-30 at 2.43.04 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 01, 2019 Jul 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mohamed,

Thank you for the information you have provided so far. I have seen a similar request has been raised here: Hebrew / Arabic / right-to-left (RTL) support – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs . I would suggest sharing your feedback and upvote this feature request.

Please let me know if you need more assistance on this.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the XD first released, we have a big problem when we place RTL tex, take a look at the attached image, you dont have be native speaker to see that the text is scattered, I'm very sure this problem is giving thousnds of designers a bad headic every day.

Hoping Adobe is working on the problem and solve it soon, so we do not have to look for alternatives apps.

iPhone X-XS-11 Pro – 1.png

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is actually a pressing matter indeed, we the arab UI/UX Designers are facing serious issues with this specially that we cannot modify the text we place in Adobe XD but instead we use illustrator to do it for each sentence, button, title or anything. I would highly appreciate the support regarding this matter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We understand it could be an important feature in Adobe XD. We have seen a similar request has been raised here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12962217-hebrew-ar... We would request you to please submit your feedback and upvote the request to add your voice.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please stop copying and pasting this URL, you are not helpful at all, and a big company like Adobe should respect such request and simply fix it, it has been out there for more then 3 years now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.6 Out of Vehicle Test Results.png

Hello all,

I've stumped into a rather difficult design challenge, since I do not speak any Arabic. I've been requested by my team to research how to best implement Arabic language into our software. Since Arabic language is read from right to left, top to bottom...is it a better idea to move all text to the left? Or only switch the two columns with text?

What would you do in this situation?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ideally, we mirror or flip the Latin version when creating an Arabic version. Here is a quick mirrored version which I didn't translate all…

arabic.jpg

One thing though. Does Adobe XD supports Arabic now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This feature is in the backlog. Please vote for it for the team to prioritize this feature.

Hebrew / Arabic / right-to-left (RTL) support – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again!!!!

I voted a number of times to all of the posts about this feature!

Is seems like Adobe doesn't take us seriously.

This basic feature should have been active years ago because it's crucial to the workflow like any other important features in the App. 

Can you please tell me when we can expect it to be added? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

הם יודעים שאנחנו עדיין נשתמש במוצרים האלה אז למה להתאמץ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is impossible. It sounds like its easy fix. No need to upvote something that is litterally basic.
This is completely messing up with my workflow. This is a huge market your not taking care of. 
I'll move to a compettetor immidiatly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines