• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD Taking a lot of RAM on Mac Big Sur 11.1

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since upgrading to the new OS on Mac (Big Sur), I've been noticing a TON of RAM being taken up with just a few files open. Before upgrading, I never experienced any lagging or slowdown and I've had 10 XD files open at the same time and working on them all. Once I upgraded to Big Sur, having two files open now slows down my computer substantially to where getting work done is impossible. Two files open is taking up about 15-20GB RAM. I design very large multi-sites and need multiple files open for reference and quality assurance. So this is a must for my work.

A few details:

• All XD files are saved in the cloud
  • I'm on XD v.35.3.12.2 with Creative Cloud Sync 4.3.71.1
  • I have a Mac Mini 2018 with 32GB 2667MHz DDR4 RAM and 500GB SSD
  • I'm running macOS 11.1
  • XD files range in size from 76MB to 540MB
  • I tried restarting Mac, restarting XD, uninstalling XD (using CC app) and reinstalling it
TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Happy New Year!

We are sorry to hear you are facing performance issues while using XD on macOS BigSur. We would like to know a few more details like-

For immediate assistance, please get in touch with us directly using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html so that our team can help you.

We will try our best to help you.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Harshika!

No file causing RAM issues that I can come up with. I did generate the logs and shared them with adobe through the app you linked. 

I tried reaching out to support, but they have not come up with a solution as of yet. 

Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's really disappointing. Are you still experiencing the issue with XD 36.1 version? Could you please share the case number with me that you raised with our assisted support team so that I can check the history of the case?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines