Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Xd Template for iOS App Icon

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've downloaded the iOS 15 Production Template for Adobe Xd to design an app icon.

Is there any piece of documentation somewhere I could use to understand how I should use the Xd template ?

If I insert a shape in the main "App Store Icon" group, I can see that the shape is automatically reproduced in the other groups, but the ratio is not respected.

Does it mean I have to manually update the icon contents for all sizes ? Or is there a mecanism I should learn in order to that properly ?

Thanks for any advice,

loic.b

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Thanks for your response. yep, unfortunately the youtube does not talk about the app icon template. I'm familiar with concept of "linked asset", and yes, one can manipulate the "App Store" group in the document and everything is reproduced in the other groups. What I miss is s A-Z how-to using this template, to avoid painful mistakes. But I'll manage anyway.. thanks Ares.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

find this, (1) Adobe XD iOS UI Kits from developer apple - YouTube but not any guide. I th ink you need to investigate how it has been created. For "App Store Icon" I think that must be component or linked assets from main document. I am on Win so can't test it unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your response. yep, unfortunately the youtube does not talk about the app icon template. I'm familiar with concept of "linked asset", and yes, one can manipulate the "App Store" group in the document and everything is reproduced in the other groups. What I miss is s A-Z how-to using this template, to avoid painful mistakes. But I'll manage anyway.. thanks Ares.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines