• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD : Unable to Update Library through update button in XD

Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to update my library using the UPDATE action in XD. The update button is there - as well as the banner, but when I click "UPDATE"  nothing is happening. I am unable to figure out what is the cause - file size, server issue? Any suggestions?

katieh041487_0-1606328699883.png

{Title renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Product performance , Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Katie,

Sorry to hear you are unable to update the published library in XD. Could you please try to sign out of XD, Creative Cloud, reastart the machine and then sign back in? I am able to publish the library fine at my end. Please also make sure you're on XD 35.1 version.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I quit all Adobe products, exited CC, and rebooted my PC. I still am unable to update the library. It looks like it's publishing but then it returns me to the UPDATE screen and any new components are not on the library. I am on Windows 10 and v53.1.12 of XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

I also have the same issue.

I also have the same version as KatieH only difference is that I am on a Mac?

Please advise?

With kind regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SAME ISSUE. I have an huge delivery reliant on this component library.

Need help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also restarted the Creative Cloud, the computer, and of course, Adobe XD and I still cannot update the library.

Please, help…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. I work with two published libraries, but only one can be updated. When I try to update the other one, by clicking on the Update button, I get just a glimpse of the progress bar at the top and a persistent blue toast message at the bottom. I cannot update the library. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BUMP. This issue is still very much alive and well in v35.3.12.2

The recommended solution does not fix the problem. Nor does doing a complete clean install of CC/Xd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still an issue! Now late Feb 2022. Paying money for this friggin software that doesnt work properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As scary as it seems (I know, because I recently went through this myself), the best answer to this issue is to move from Adobe to Figma. My team has been on Figma now since late October and everyday* I find new reasons to be grateful that we switched and sorry we didn't do it sooner; before establishing so large a library of assets in XD. 

Figma was built on cloud technology so there are zero issues with library access, sharing or collaboration.  To my way of thinking, every aspect of how XD works with "the cloud" is either severely flawed or completely wrong. For almost 2 years I have spent more time coming up with workarounds or fixing libraries that were broken by a recent update than I have spent actually creating viable designs.  

Beyond the obvious collaborative superiority, Figma is simply a better design solution in every way. My only sorrow in the whole transition is that there is no longer a free version of XD. For the sake of reference, we are obliged to continue paying Adobe subscription fees until we can move over/recreate remaining assets and projects that are still relevant. 

* - I say "everyday" with absolutely no hyperbole. It might almost be more accurate to say that everytime I use Figma for more than 30 minutes, I find something new about it that is better than the XD equivalent. Without exception, there isn't a single design or component structure, technique or pattern that I can't recreate in Figma better and faster. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone, I could solve this on my end. I solved all missing font issues and linked components and finally could update my Library. I hope this can help others (since the sign-out and reset advice from Adobe was very poor).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My issue is still there, I am using a master document which only contains master componenten. I have no missing font nore any other components from another library (by definition). This is the base Design System Document. 

Still it just asks to update, after clicking the update button a snackbar appears (blue bar at the bottom) asking me to again update, and so on and so on :-(. 

This is bad, it doesnt asspire confidence and if such issue continue to occure i can imagine people will be running to other tools such as Skecth, Figma, Invision or whatever.... 

Adobe XD please advise 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can also attest to the exact same behavior Driek described above.

My base style guide document exhibits the behavior he has descibed. It's an intinite loop that never results in an error but also never results in a successful 'update'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am sorry for the delay in response. Sorry to hear you are still experiencing the issue while updating libraries. If you need immediate assistance, you may get in touch with us directly using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html or you may share the ask details-

Are you facing the issues with all the libraries or with a specific library?

Have you tried on a different machine and see if that helps?

I will try my best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Harshika, 

Issue is still there. Ik will try and get helped using the URL you provide. On your questions about the libraries, I only have (the need for) one. Which is in my idea also the purpose of a master DS. It seems to be failing on multiple systems as well. 

At this point DS support feels unstable/broken for me, which is a pitty because I really do love XD. 

With kind regards, 

Driek 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'am still experiencing this issue, tried all of the recommended steps, but none of them resulted in any improvement. Currently I'm unable to publish or update any of the libraries, working on win10, newest XD version (37.1.32).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also cannot update one of the existing libraries, even if I make changes to the master components in this XD file, the blue notification bar "Update your published library. Update Now" doesn't show up, but this library has already been published and is showing in the Libraries panel. 

I tried to sign out and restart the Mac, but still not working. I'm on MacOS v10.15.4 and v38.1.12.2 of XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't work. But it sure does sound like it from the way it's advertised! This software belongs back in non-production ready beta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last post was in haste, I'll be more specific:

- User UX: The Manage Libraries is hidden in a menu, and when the library file been updated, the inheriting document does not indicate the library has been updated, and futhermore, will indicate that "Libraries are up to date" when in fact they are not. 

- Changing something in a library file does not always count as a change, and therefore there are no changers to be pushed (at least the button is not displayed and instead it says ":white_heavy_check_mark: Up to date". For example: If you update a text box to scale Auto Height from Auto Width or Fixed Size, it does not consider this an update to components, and will not show a button to publish the changes. This will hide the overflow text from a review. 

Since libraries do not function in these instances, the whole system not worth using, especially when XD is telling the user that everything is up to date when it's not. This makes this unreliable software, and thus not acceptable for production level work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am having the same issue with the latest update 40.1.22. on Win 10. Already lost a full day in contact with Customer Support and trying different solutions, which didn't help. On top of the bug with the update button, I also got a recovered version of the affected library. It auto generates even if I delete it. At this point in time, our team is stuck and unable to progress on our project. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: 
Nothing helped from the list below:
- relogging into Adobe Account
- reinstalling both the app and the cloud
- reinstalling both the app and the cloud with the help of Customer Support's Cleaner app
- Reinviting to the library and the files

After the last intervention from Customer Support, Adobe Xd doesn't recognize that I am invited to the library and instead of 'Update' I have a 'Publish' option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are sorry for the frustration. We would like to know if you're still experiencing the issue with XD 41 version. 

We'll try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it still happens. But removing font errors for missing fonts solves
the problem.

--
Christian Pino | UX Designer
<Personal Info removed by moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Harshika.

I am still experiencing the issue (as described by Driek). In fact, it only just began for me with the latest release (updating XD through Creative Cloud). 

I suspect this is more of a coincidence than a direct result of updating, but I can't be sure. 

In my case, libraries appear to be updating when republished using the update button, but the update is immediately followed by a notification (blue banner at bottom of page) that I should update again.

My hypothesis is that there are recursive references between multiple libraries. For me, I have an icon components library and a separate components library that contains nested components; many of which include icon components from the icon components library. This is not new for our system, so it may be that the latest release (41.0.12) is, in fact, the source of my issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines