Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

34.3.12.1 Makes me want to switch - 3 big issues for me

Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe,

Please revert back 3 versions. I was happy and the sun was always up.

This ver. and the one before it have been much slower and very unreliable. Here's why it's unreliable and why I may need to switch:

• Library character styles 
    • When choosing a character style from my library/design system it almost never works
    • Also, when it does modify the type it gives the font family a strange name which isn't recognized
      • Helvetica Neue with Medium weight
      • Turns into HelveticaNeue-Medium and the weight is not available since Xd doesn't know what the font family is 
      • I've checked the character style in the library and it's perfect. So that's not the issue
      • This has never happened before
  • Library updates
    • We have a design system 
    • The library updates are unreliable and don't work/sync most of the time
  • Undo/Redo
    • This just stops randomly stops working
    • It happens all of the time and when I restart it will work for a bit then stop working

Please help me and I'm sure many others. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jbass524,

Sorry for the delay and thank you for sharing the detailed feedback. I would request you to please update to version 35.1 and also go through the Known issues with XD Libraries and Character Style.  

About the undo/redo issue, I'll check with the team and let you know in case we need additional information about it. 

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Although I appreciate the response nothing with the update (which I was already on) in known issues for Xd addresses my and 1000s of others' issues with the font styling and Xd libraries. Your response is obviously a canned one and the community needs more support from Adobe on this obviously prevalent issue. 

Please update ASAP.

BTW, I and I'm sure 1000s of others are already looking for alternatives to Xd and Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines