Highlighted

3D element bug: cannot move object forward after resizing

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi XD team,

Love the new 3D feature. However, I'm struggling with one bug. When I try to resize a 3D object, it automatically gets pushed to the back. I tried everything to bring it forward, but nothing works. I tried to copy and paste same element, but it always appears at the back of all elements. In the Layers panel it's always on top, but in artboard it gets hidden behind all other elements. 

Note: This happens only after I modified the 3D transformation. So story goes like this: I insert a 3D object -> Try to rescale it - > All good -> Add any 3D rotation settings -> Try to rescale it -> It gets hidden. 

I'm using the latest XD update on MacBook Pro 2017. 

TOPICS
Design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

3D element bug: cannot move object forward after resizing

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi XD team,

Love the new 3D feature. However, I'm struggling with one bug. When I try to resize a 3D object, it automatically gets pushed to the back. I tried everything to bring it forward, but nothing works. I tried to copy and paste same element, but it always appears at the back of all elements. In the Layers panel it's always on top, but in artboard it gets hidden behind all other elements. 

Note: This happens only after I modified the 3D transformation. So story goes like this: I insert a 3D object -> Try to rescale it - > All good -> Add any 3D rotation settings -> Try to rescale it -> It gets hidden. 

I'm using the latest XD update on MacBook Pro 2017. 

TOPICS
Design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 28, 2020 1
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am sorry for the delay in response. I am unable to reproduce the issue at my end on XD 34.1 version. Is it possible for you to create a short video showing your workflow so that we can copy the same workflow and try to reproduce the same? Does that happen with every file or with a specific file?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, this is similar to other softwares like after effects where you can use both 3d and 2d layers. Since rest of the layers are 2d they can be moved to front and back. But a 3d layer has a z axis position value so you will have to change it to bring it to front and back. While doing so since it is coming close to you it will increase in size. So you will have to adjust the size accordingly as well. Hope it helps.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 1