Highlighted

a mask will also be deleted when I take it out of the picture

Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a problem with that when drawing a picture onto a shape and then thinking about it and wanting to delete that image from the shape it will also obliterate my shape. This is really bad. I can make the shape again.

Can you do this?

Dropping an image on a shape creates an "image fill". To remove it, disable the fill.

disable-fill.gif

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

a mask will also be deleted when I take it out of the picture

Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a problem with that when drawing a picture onto a shape and then thinking about it and wanting to delete that image from the shape it will also obliterate my shape. This is really bad. I can make the shape again.

Can you do this?

Dropping an image on a shape creates an "image fill". To remove it, disable the fill.

disable-fill.gif

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 02, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

disable-fill.gif

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 02, 2018 1
Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand, thank you very much, that is a solution.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 03, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there no way to remove an image from a frame without losing its fill?

I mean like how you would normally remove an image from a frame in InDesign?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 29, 2020 0