• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A new user looking for your thoughts...

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm new to xd. Would you recommend using this application to make a website vs adobe portfolio?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

I think XD is the wrong tool for you.  You'll have to hire an experienced developer to take it from concept to a working website which is no small step BTW.  Unless you're working in a team environment like an agency, don't waste your time with XD.

Dreamweaver -- Adobe's flagship code editor and site authoring software  -- is for designers who want to work with code to develop custom sites/web apps.  Coding skills are required in HTML, CSS, JavaScript and at least one framework (Bootstrap, Ang

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adam,

Thanks for reaching out. Adobe XD is an application used to create an interactive prototype of a website or application. Once you have designed your application then in order to create the website you will need to hand over your design to a developer to code it or you can do it using any third-party application.

For more information, please refer to this discussion: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/how-do-i-create-a-mobile-app-using-adobe-xd/m-p/11361352?pag...

Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so I will not be able to publish the site directly from xd when finished?

What third party would you recommend?

Can I use my domain I have already for my current website?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay in response, Adam. No, we don't have an option to publish the website directly from XD. By third-party application, I mean if you are comfortable you can code it by yourself, from XD you can get development-ready assets and you can share it with the developers by following the steps shared here: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/share-designs-prototypes.html

Regarding the domain, I may not be the right person to answer that, I'd recommend checking with the developer. Feel free to reach out in case if you need any further assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want a portfolio website that's easy to make and update, then Adobe Portfolio is your best choice. You have some choices for layout, but you have design limitations. Creating the site is primarily choosing some options and uploading images of your design work.

Adobe XD is for designing the look of websites, apps, etc. but they will need to be coded by someone who knows HTML, CSS, and possibility JavaScript. This is how professional websites are made. So they are very different offerings, and it depends on what you want to do as to which you'd choose.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think XD is the wrong tool for you.  You'll have to hire an experienced developer to take it from concept to a working website which is no small step BTW.  Unless you're working in a team environment like an agency, don't waste your time with XD.

Dreamweaver -- Adobe's flagship code editor and site authoring software  -- is for designers who want to work with code to develop custom sites/web apps.  Coding skills are required in HTML, CSS, JavaScript and at least one framework (Bootstrap, Angular, Node, Vue, etc..).

Adobe Portfolio is simple to use, no coding skills required, includes fee web hosting on Adobe's servers.  It ties in seamlessly with Behance and Lightroom. And yes, you can add your custom domain name to Portfolio.

Spark Page -- very useful for one page story telling or online newsletters. Simple to use, no coding skills required.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines