Highlighted

Adding a new prototype link to Master Component doesn't replicate in other instances.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

First off, apologies if this has been answered previously - but I was unable to find a solution.

I am having difficulties replicating prototype links from a master component to other instances.

For example;

I have an artboard which I am using for a side navigation - this is my master component. It contains all of the prototype links to other artboards/pages. I am then copying this and pasting it to other artboards using the Prototype tab, so that it maintains the existing links that I have already added.

The issue comes when I need to add another NEW nav item and page. I add the new link to the master component which then updates and displays across all instances of my side nav - however, the new prototype link is not replicated meaning that I have to go through all other instances on my other artboards and re-add the new link destination.

Is there a solution to this or is this something that has not yet been implemented?

Thanks,

Alex.

Hi Alex,

Thank you for reaching out and I understand it could be difficult for you. I'd request you to please submit your feedback here: Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs on our UserVoice page and let me know if you face any issues while submitting the request.

Thanks,

Harshika

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adding a new prototype link to Master Component doesn't replicate in other instances.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

First off, apologies if this has been answered previously - but I was unable to find a solution.

I am having difficulties replicating prototype links from a master component to other instances.

For example;

I have an artboard which I am using for a side navigation - this is my master component. It contains all of the prototype links to other artboards/pages. I am then copying this and pasting it to other artboards using the Prototype tab, so that it maintains the existing links that I have already added.

The issue comes when I need to add another NEW nav item and page. I add the new link to the master component which then updates and displays across all instances of my side nav - however, the new prototype link is not replicated meaning that I have to go through all other instances on my other artboards and re-add the new link destination.

Is there a solution to this or is this something that has not yet been implemented?

Thanks,

Alex.

Hi Alex,

Thank you for reaching out and I understand it could be difficult for you. I'd request you to please submit your feedback here: Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs on our UserVoice page and let me know if you face any issues while submitting the request.

Thanks,

Harshika

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 26, 2019 2
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alex,

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 26, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

Thanks for responding to this - and sorry for the delayed response.

I have now requested this as a feature on the link you provided.

Thanks,

Alex.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2019 1
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue - is there a way to do it, or has been added to feature requests?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI - I have added this a feature request. For now, I have either been saving the component as a separate artboard and just having to manually update the links as and when they are added, otherwise, I just replace the component with the most recent master.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2019 0
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great - thanks Alex! I'll do the same! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2019 0