Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding Background fill to a png

Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2018 Dec 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howdy folks,

I'm wondering if it is possible to import an image by dragging it to an image box in XD and then change the background color of the box. So far, it appears that the fill of the box is actually the image. When I turn the fill off, the image disappear. When I change the color of the fill to anything but white, the image also disappears. Is there an easy way to have a transparent png and change the background color? Thank you

-Steve

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 23, 2018 Dec 23, 2018

Images dropped into a shape are considered image fills, which is why you can't have an image and a fill color. You'll have to use another box for the fill color.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2018 Dec 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Images dropped into a shape are considered image fills, which is why you can't have an image and a fill color. You'll have to use another box for the fill color.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2018 Dec 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Dan,

Thanks for the info. Been banging my head against the wall on this one.. Hah

-Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines