• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding character style to library adds font weight to font name, which makes the font missing

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far this only happens with "Proxima nova" font, which is the main font I use for this design system so I need a solution for this as soon as possible.

I can't use any old libraries or create a new one because as soon as I add a character style to the library, it adds the font weight to the font name, which makes the font "missing", always.

Example:

I have a character style:
ProximaNova

55 Semibold

When I add it to the library it turns into:
ProximaNova-Semibold

55 Semibold

- Which makes the font missing. I've attached a screen capture, for clarity.
Any suggestions are welcome.

TOPICS
Known Issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gvro, sorry for the delay in response. Please update XD to version 35.1. If you need help with updating XD. Please check this (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html#Checkforlatestupdates ). 

If the problem still persists, please let me know if this is a local font or an Adobe font that you're using. 

Thanks,

Atul_Saini 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Atul!

My Adobe XD is up to date but the problem still persists.
I'm using an Adobe font.
It's also worth mentioning that this problem doesn't appear when I add character style to 'Document assets', only when I add it to another library (new, or existing) that the problem appears (font changes name and becomes missing).

This wouldn't be much of a problem if I was able to edit the character styles in the libraries but this functionality no longer exists. To add to that, I'm not even able to add components to the libraries anymore. I'm not sure if I'm missing something here but the libraries rework brought nothing but problems to my workflow...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines