• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe CC library vs "Assets" panel in XD

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would just like to know why there are two library systems available and if there will be some sort of convergence of the two. For instance, if you create a UI kit and want to share it out with the rest of your design team, would you use CC libraries to do that, or would you save out a seperate XD file to the cloud as a cloud document and update that way.  Which one is better/ more efficient for the system right now?

TOPICS
Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great question, I think since XD was originally created separately it was useful to have an asset panel in the app. With the inclusion of the CC Libraries there is a blurred line emerging.

I would consider CC Libraries to be more of a global access library across multiple apps while the assets panel in XD is project specific.
If the UI kit you create will be used across multiple designs in different files saving it into the cloud would be my choice, if it's just for one project which has been shared and all can access it and you can keep all content within the one XD file you'd probably find using Assets to be more practical.

So at this point with the two panels available it is likely to be different depending on the project and the preferred workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines