Highlighted

Adobe fonts not showing in XD

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that there are a few discussions like this on this forum but I have been calling, chatting and mailing for a few days now with Adobe support. Everytime they ditch me so Im tired of waiting for a decent help. I decided to fix this with the help of fellow Adobe users.

So my problem is as the title states, Adobe fonts are not showing up in Adobe XD. Yes the fonts are synced, yes the fonts are visible in other Adobe products and I reinstalled XD and restarted my PC several times. I even deleted the files: AdobeFnt_CMaps.lst and AdobeFnt_OSFonts.lst still no success.

Note: I came across this page in Adobe site named 'Can't connect to Adobe.com'. It states that I should ping practivate.adobe.com in CMD, the test results are:

Pinging legacy-ract-prod.licensingstack.com [34.204.211.142] with 32 bytes of data:

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 34.204.211.142:

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe fonts not showing in XD

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that there are a few discussions like this on this forum but I have been calling, chatting and mailing for a few days now with Adobe support. Everytime they ditch me so Im tired of waiting for a decent help. I decided to fix this with the help of fellow Adobe users.

So my problem is as the title states, Adobe fonts are not showing up in Adobe XD. Yes the fonts are synced, yes the fonts are visible in other Adobe products and I reinstalled XD and restarted my PC several times. I even deleted the files: AdobeFnt_CMaps.lst and AdobeFnt_OSFonts.lst still no success.

Note: I came across this page in Adobe site named 'Can't connect to Adobe.com'. It states that I should ping practivate.adobe.com in CMD, the test results are:

Pinging legacy-ract-prod.licensingstack.com [34.204.211.142] with 32 bytes of data:

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 34.204.211.142:

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 25, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Samir, I am sorry to hear about the encountered problems. Can you please share the following information:

1. Your OS and its version
  2. The version of the XD application that you're using
  3. The name of the Adobe fonts for which the problem happens (if the problem only happens for some Adobe fonts)
  4. Whether the installed Adobe fonts are not available on the XD's canvas or they don't show up in the font selector from the property inspector as well
  5. Other font managers you might be using and whether you're managing the same fonts through them as well

Your connection problems are not relevant as long as you have the fonts already installed on the machine and available in other applications.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 25, 2019 1
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having the same issue.

I work on a PC / Windows 10 Home

I did everthing as well: Restart, reinstall the Creative Cloud and, like @atropetite said, the fonts are showing up in all CC apps except XD. 

Can someone help me.

thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 02, 2020 0
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I figure it out following the comment of Antti Laitinen at  https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010-adobe-xd-bugs-read-only/suggestions/31026850-fonts-not-l...

Turns out that I disabled the Windows Font Cache Service to solve initialization issues. But, When I activated the service, the fonts came back and I'm able to use the Adobe Fonts on XD. 

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 02, 2020 0