• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe web fonts overriding local fonts in XD

Advisor ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does Adobe claim my local fonts to the Adobe web fonts system when I use them in XD? There's no connection between them. I have downloaded all my fonts locally to my Windows font directory, some are TT and some are OT, and they are all installed on my OS. When I use any font in XD they suddenly appear in my CC desktop font setup with a cloud icon infront of some of the weights. It also say "unable to install this font". But I have every weight in the font family locally, so what's the deal? Why does the fonts appear there when I use them in XD? I've never done anything to activate any Adobe web fonts or anything remotly close to that. I just pick my locally installed font from the typetool in XD. I feel Adobe is messing with my font setup and that there's something wrong going on with the connection between Adobe web font and XD, cause it doesn't happen whenever I use them in PS, IN or Illu.

adobe font issues.PNG

 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry for the delay in response. Would you mind trying the steps mentioned in this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/fonts/user-guide.html/fonts/kb/troubleshoot-font-activation.ug.html?

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's nothing there that suggests fixing my issue. Think Adobe needs to rewrite som code and fix how XD is corresponding with CC in terms of locally installed typefaces used in Xd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We will treat this as a bug. I have informed the XD and Adobe Fonts teams. Let us know if you need anything else.

Cheers,
Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines