• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD 26 is now live!

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first XD update of this year brings with it exciting features that you have long requested for. 

Highlights

Fixed padding helps scale background based on content: Tired of manually resizing the background of objects every time you update the content inside? You can now set fixed padding values on groups or components with states and automatically scale the background when content changes are made. For more info, see this featured post

Use the Polygon tool to create star-like objects: A simple tweak to the polygon tool allows you to create star-like objects in no time. For more info, see this featured post.

Single-artboard publishing: The much-requested feature now makes its way into Adobe XD. It is as simple as its name; you can now publish a selected artboard from XD.  

Reduced file sizes when exporting as PDF: Without any discernible reduction in the quality of output, Adobe XD produces a PDF file of a size that will gladden your heart. 

For more info, see this Help Article.

I will be locking this post and request you to create separate discussion threads for topics related to this update. 

Thanks,

Preran

TOPICS
Design , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

How does Single artboard publishing work? I can't seem to see that option anywhere.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the latest update allow linking or adding an action/trigger directly to an element or component? If so, is there a special action for that because my update does not allow it. Just to an artboard. It would definitely increase workflow, design time and all-around usability.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first XD update of this year made my XD crash at launch every time. Exceptional update. I can not use XD, I broke few deadlines and wasted two days in trying to fix the problem on my side. Its even worse than Photoshop 21, which is broken but still usable and backward compatible with other versions. Great job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if this is available in your Creative Cloud Application, but on mine, I can install a previous version of XD if necessary.

Capture d’écran 2020-02-10 à 10.23.09.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, It is avaliable. Rollback to v25 didnt do the trick. Both these versions don't work for me. Anyway, I have the whole team working in updated version, and there's no backward compatibility, so I wont be able to edit .xd files saved in v26.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to help you by finding the dL links on ProDesignTools.com, but for CC2019, they mention :

** = Currently, the Adobe XD CC (Experience Design) app cannot be installed standalone from a direct download. To request an industry-standard, offline XD installer from Adobe, please vote and comment here. with a link to : https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/13284795-standalon...

Sorry about that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add animatied zoom. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this request would rather go there : https://adobexd.uservoice.com/ where you'd even have chances to only upvote one existing, and comment with your own usecase and examples.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Fixed padding helps scale background based on content"
This changes the background, wich alson changes the overall component. That being said, other content anchored to the component should follow the overall shape, right?

Example: 
feejin's reply to this post:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/create-a-button-that-resizes-based-on-the-text-inside-xd-26/...

Edit: I also made this GIF to better ilustrate the casepaddingresize.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines