• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD 30.0 is now live! See What’s New in the update.

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Design, Prototyping, Collaboration - everything's simpler now with the features in the latest XD update. Here's a quick summary of what to expect when you update to XD 30.0. You can download and install the update from the CC desktop application or download it using this link.

With Stacks, resizing layouts and content got a whole lot easier!

Stacks take the idea of fixed padding forward by extending that to object groups. The distance between objects in a stack is maintained even when you resize, reorder, move, or insert objects. 

5ee7d838a18cb916658819.gif

In Stacks, you select an object group and convert that to a Stack in the Property Panel.The bottom layer of the group is automatically chosen as the background layer. 

Stacks save you precious time that would be involved in manually adjusting spaces when resizing or reordering objects. Combine that with the power of nested groups and components, and the possiblities start piling up.

For more information on stacks, see https:/helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/create-dynamic-designs-with-stacks.html

Horizontal, Vertical, and Multi-directional scroll

Scroll groups go above and beyond what you could previously achieve with scrolling in XD. With Scroll groups you can create scroll groupings within an artboard that scroll independent of each other.

scrollable_groups.gif

Going further, you can now create scroll groups that scroll vertically, horizontally, and in both directions! Whether you are planning to create a carousel, a scrollable menu, or simulate a GPS application, things got a whole lot simpler!

For more information on using scroll groups, see https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/create-scroll-groups.html

Design Tokens - Customize names of Colors and Character Styles

Always dreamt of using of real-world names like “Adobe Red” or “Adobe Heading 1” for colors and character styles in your design? Custom color names and character styles,or Design Tokens, as they are referred to in XD, help you take that leap.

As a designer, design tokens make it simple for you and your developers to reference colors and character styles by real world names instead of Hex Codes and default names. It also means that you and your collaborators have to arrive at a consensus on the nomenclature.

And yes, the customized names are also available to your developers from the shared design specs.

For more information, see https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/create-design-tokens-in-XD.html

Allow resharing of shared links

The sharing workflow got even more flexible. You can now allow anyone with the link to access and review your document. This way, reviewers with whom you have shared the link can pass on the link to other reviewers. All that you have to do is set Link Access to Anyone with the link as shown in the image below.

For more information, see https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/share-designs-prototypes.html#link-access

Preran_0-1592248801538.png

Thanks,

Preran

TOPICS
Announcement

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, does the horizontal scroll is working on prototype export link ? Acutally is not working on my session with a developper link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can reproduce the issue. Will check with the team and get back to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The team confirmed that it is a current limitation of the feature. 

Workaround solution: Duplicate scroll groups in a separate artboard and share that using design specs. Let me know if that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not working 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that, and the scroll works using my scroll pad on MacOS, but not with my mouse, or a click and drag. Click on the panda at the top.

https://xd.adobe.com/view/3abd6d1a-a2af-4811-bb22-f7832bff98c7-6fee/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use Shift + Mouse Wheel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to the last tests I performed, if you generate a link to test in a browser (Chrome), just press the Shift key + mouse scroll button for the horizontal scroll feature to work. It also worked if you use the preview on your cell phone (Iphone), allowing you to drag objects horizontally.

Unfortunately, if you try to use the Adobe XD preview, nothing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my test earlier the horizontal scroll works in desktop preview with mouse/mouse wheel/trackpad, however in web preview only works in the fullscreen mode and only with mouse wheel. This needs fixing @Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried but, doesn't work on my windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The team tells me that the click and drag feature in XD for horizontal scrolls will be available in a future update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the prediction for this feature (horizontal scrolling) to work fully in Adobe XD?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it works with track pad and scrolling with Shift. Thks ! I hoped this feature since a long time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scroll groups does not work on windows 10. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, the new features are really great!

Also the Design Token part. What we and our devs are still complaining about here is that there are multiple character styles for the same styles but only with different colors. If you got a more complex design, there are a ton of character-styles, just because there are multiple colors for each one. So you end up with way more styles than you actually have. 

Keep goin' on!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the feedback. I am so glad to hear that you liked the features in the latest update.

Do you have an idea about how to tailor Design tokens to your requirements? Share that here and we will pass it on to the team.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Goog morning,

What is the prediction for this feature (horizontal scrolling) to work fully in Adobe XD?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran,
it would be great to make clear definitions of an h1, h2, etc. and to have sub-variations of it for different colors, for example.

For example: let's make a design token for an "h1". It has a font, font-weight, font-size, letter-spacing, line height and color. Now I want to make a variant of that token, that only shows a different color. That could be like a group of h1 styles, with a main h1 and the variations. Just to group down the styles, make it more structured.

maybe something like this (just a spontaneous idea):

xd.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the feedback. I will share it with the team. 

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Preran,

since we're already in contact here: we discovered another thing that would be awesome for future updates.

The comment and pin-option is great for communicate designs to developers. But having too many comments and pins make it a bit confusing: it would be great to have small kinda tooltips nearby the pins on the design. I've attached you a screen I found on the internet:

image6-1.jpg

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All i see is more BULLYING from Adobe, trying to force my team into business practices WE DO NOT WANT and DO NOT USE. Get rid of cloud defaults. For the love of god return my save as back to the same short cut its been for DECADES. This is complete harrassment of your users. Today i see that the 'open from my computer' button has not been COMPLETELY REMOVED. I wont be the only professional pulling my team off Xd if you guys can't get it together. there are so many small problems that result from the ways you've chosen to manipulate users, and as user experience profssionals its pretty bold to try to pull this crap on us and think we won't see your games. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing your feedback here. While this is a great place to do that, I highly recommend participating in our prerelease program https://www.adobeprerelease.com/# where you will have the opportunity to test the features ahead of their release and share your feedback.

Let me know if you need more info or assistance.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't share a prototype with voice capabilities.

The person with the link should create an adobe account in order to access the prototype with voice capabilities.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines