Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD 31 is now live! See What’s New in the update

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The July update to Adobe XD brings to you the following features:

Organizing Cloud Documents: If you were looking at organizing cloud documents into folders based on your clientele or for specific projects you can do that now.

1. On the XD Home screen select Cloud Documents.
  2. Click the new folder icon Preran_0-1595269421857.png  and name the folder.
  3. To move a single file or multiple files, hover over the file and select the check box. Click   Preran_1-1595269421857.png and select the folder into which you want to move the document.

The new folders are automatically synced to the cloud and reflected on https://assets.adobe.com/cloud-documents if you are online. Offline documents are synced as soon as your device is connected to the Internet.

Learn Tab on the Home Page: Use the Learn Tab on the home page for a variety of learning resources related to Adobe XD.

For more info on the new features, see https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/whats-new.html

Thanks,

Preran

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of this release I cannot install or update any plugins. There is no error code just a message plugin installation failed. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling xd but that has no effect. I have tried rolling back to the previous version and the problem is gone but I cannot open files saved with the latest version!

I am on Win10. Again this problem only exists for me in the latest XD release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same her Andrew, Don't know what is the problem with the new updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! I'm also on Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe XD won't update at all, I can't uninstall it (even through Windows; it just hangs for HOURS), I can't CANCEL any of the operations for it.

EDIT: Can't even try installing v30.3.12 (after running the Adobe CC Cleaning Tool). "Progress is slower than usual. Working on resolving issue..." - The same message I get for everything dealing with Adobe XD.

EDIT2; Solution:

UPDATE: I appear to have found the solution. After taking control of the WindowsApp folder (so I could browse inside it). I simply deleted the Adobe XD folder (note: I did need to tell Windows to terminate [with in App Settings] the app; it was "in use" despite rebooting my system). Then I went and told Adobe CC to install it.

So, either it's a permissions issue that Microsoft may have imposed on "Windows App" programs to prevent malware (Windows Store still updates apps just fine). Or there's a process that Adobe XD keeps restarting so the install hangs due to "in use" error, but is obfiscated, and doesn't actually throw up the prompt you get when trying to delete something "in use".

Now, I did try Terminate before, but if there's a process that XD keeps starting back up...well...then the only solution is to delete the entire XD Folder before that process can be started again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have just updated my XD and now i am enable to export my screens to Zepin Please help me.
When i select an artboard and click on Export to Zeplin Then nothing happen
Please Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm finding that the latest XD update and Mac OS Catalina combo is quite buggy. I'm haveing a really difficult time with component states. If I swap a component like a button and both have hover states the new button that I swap in won't work correctly. I have to delete the component and drag the new button in and get it all lined back up correctly. This is a huge time suck. Is anyone else having this problem?

I'm also seeing a lag in the hover state. It seems to be really slow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

assets.adobe.com is not active for connection, and I think it is the reason why I can't access my Xd files stored in Adobe cloud. Need help 😕 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This updates is so weak, we need dark mode, more effects like glow and inner shadow, a way to save the file in .psd from xd, and more stable use of the tool. text and ctrl tools are constantly disabled without an explanation of why this happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glow? You can easily do it with standard shadow 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you can, you can use a t-shirt like shorts too kkkk, the idea here is to have more than one different type of effect to apply in the same shape for different types of functions, using shadow to simulate glow is a trick, it's just not funny and even she doesn’t have the option to do the internal effect on the shape just outside, I don’t want to use tricks like masks to make the shadow look internal, this is just to demonstrate that there are limitations and you’re exploring them, to create something that makes it simple with the same shape with more effects in the illustrator or photoshop, just having a few more effects besides the drop shadow. And it would be interesting to be able to save these effects in the assets panel as colors and gradients, to switch right from there and reuse them. And if you pay for the product, you have every right to ask for it to be improved.... (like dark mode, 4 years of asking for this).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh boy...

About internal shadow u r absolutely right!

Rest? Not rly. You cannot compare XD to illustrator or photoshop. It's the tool made for UX/UI creations. So it's much better if its "fool prove". By this I mean that it has some limitations, as code has it (html, css, js...).

In this case, to gain glow effect in CSS you can achive by...adding shadow...

This is how it works...using tricks isn't just foolish way to hack the system...if you will do super-hyper-mega object with 10 effects, developer will throw some hard & heavy object at you. 😛

But...they could add ability for multiple shadows...css has it 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the update I can't able to install plugins please help preran.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. 
I installed the update, well cause it didnt allow my cloud documents open. 

I came into the environment and all my plugins are gone. I tried to install a few and the loader 
keeps on spinning but not doing anything. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having serious issues with this update. The files in the coediting mode are not syncing and it overwrites the progress made. It says: "Changes were made on another device. Accept the changes made elsewhere to reload the document." and it only gives us the option to accept remote changes very frequently removing every change made before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dont know what you've done in today's little update (30.07)..but..HATS OFF.

Typically I complain about that, your every update brings more and more lack of optimalization. Today I saved my work in 3 sec! Typically it was 10-15 of saving freeze. It's big project and auto-save was pain in the...dont mess it up in next update pls 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thought the Automatic Sync is working for cloud documents if you are connected to the internet. Just lost 3hrs progress after XD crashed and lost all the work I had done reverting to a previous version of the work. How frustrating, Is it a challenge with this update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand why XD of all the Creative Cloud Applications could have lags and crashes...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why i can't use pen tool after update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My coworker and I both updated and now files will open but they immediately start saving and never finish. We can't actually work on the files anymore because they won't stop saving. When we try to quit saving, it says we were not able upload the files because "There was an error uploading the document to cloud storage." We still have plenty of storage and Creative Cloud is still connected. I am not sure what is happening or how to fix it either. Can't do my job without XD though...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't import SVG file into XD. It always shows error "There was a problem importing your SVG asset.." without svg import into XD. Every day it become hard to work. Please help me out..

unable to import svg.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ulagan,

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble importing svg file into XD. Would you mind checking this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/import-export-issues.html#SVG-files-with-unsupported-properties if the file contains any of the unsupported feature which might be causing the issue?

Please do update us if that is not causing the problem.

We will be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With every update working with Componets gets worst. Every time more slow. Even dragging a component can take seconds

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unlok

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines