• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD 34.2.12 (latest) can't paste gradient object from Adobe Illustrator 25.0 (latest)

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everytime I paste gradient vector object from Illustrator - the gradient will disappear in Adobe XD. I've searched forever for solution on this issue but all the "solved" posts were from long time ago. 

But this is the new issue - I don't remember having this issue in previous versions of XD - but the most annoying thing is I can't simply downgrade my XD cause XD files are not backward compatiple. This is SOOOOOOO cruel my entire project now is stuck. 

PPlease help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually just downgraded my Illustrator 25 down back to 24.3 and it looks like the problem is solved. Where does that leave us? Is it an XD issue or Illustrator issue? Which team should fix this? Aren't all Adobe products supposed to work "seamlessly" together?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry for the delay in response. There are certain limitations while importing vectors in XD, for more information, please refer to this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/xd/kb/open-illustrator-files-in-xd.ug.html

Feel free to reach out if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I actually have a small work around for this issue:
1. Copy paste the gradient shape from Illustrator to XD

2. In XD, select the shape (it will be NOT a gradient, but some random color) - Select the color option - Click RADIAL gradient (dont click solid color as it will mess up your gradient) - Click LINEAR gradient after selecting the radial one.

3. By this point your original gradient from Illustraror will be recognized, but it will be automatically set to a VERTICAL gradient.

4. Change the orientation of the gradient manually to what ever you have set it in Illustrator.

Hope this helps. Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines