• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD (40.1.22.3) crashing while trying to copy on MacOS (10.15.7).

New Here ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem started yestureday out of the blue.
Constant crashing when copying (command + c) - local and cloud files

<Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Crash on mac , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Thanks for reaching out, Rob. I checked the status of the bug and it looks like the team is also able to reproduce the issue at their end and they are investigating it. 

I will make sure to reach out to you if they need any further information.

Thanks for reporting the issue and trying testing on other machines.

Thanks,

Harshika

<Marking as correct only to highlight>

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Hi All,

Thanks for reaching out. The team has shared a workaround that might help you- You can workaround the crash by removing the "check_box_on" component from the state "Toggle State" of "check_box_off" master component. XD doesn't support circular dependencies between components (i.e. component A contains component B which contains another instance of A). Toggle buttons can be implemented without circular dependencies.
Here is a screenshot where XD highlights with red where an illegal compo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

This is definitely not expected behaviour and thanks for reporting it. We would need a few more details from you like-

• Does that happen with every file or with a specific file?
  • Have you tried using the "Copy" option by right-clicking on the object that you want to copy?
  • Please generate Adobe Logs and Crash dumps along with an XD file and upload them to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the URL with me over a private message.
  • Have you tried signing out of XD, Creative Cloud, restart the machine and then sign back into Creative Cloud and XD?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

PM'ed

Thanx!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Bill for sharing the details with me. I will make sure to log a bug for your issue. I have requested for an XD file as well over a PM.

I will try my best to help you.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harshika,

I work with Bill and am also able to reproduce the problem with that file on at least two other Mac's both running latest XD 40.1.22.3 on the 11.4 release of Big Sur (A 2019 Mac Pro, and a 2018 Macbook Pro) - and I have crash logs available from both if you would like them.

Beyond that, the exact same file, on the latest release of XD 40.1.22.3 on Windows 10 Pro (Version 20H2 with all patches) OS Buyild 19042.985, exhibits none of the problems on Mac OS. I can copy paste to my hearts content without crashing or other issues.

Happy to provide any additional details, crash logs, etc. that may aid in your efforts.

Regards,

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reaching out, Rob. I checked the status of the bug and it looks like the team is also able to reproduce the issue at their end and they are investigating it. 

I will make sure to reach out to you if they need any further information.

Thanks for reporting the issue and trying testing on other machines.

Thanks,

Harshika

<Marking as correct only to highlight>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harishka, my pleasure - thanks for the update and info.

I'll keep an eye on this thread, and please don't hesitate to reach out directly, same goes for anyone in QA or on the dev team, please have them reach out directly if I can assist further in any fashion.

Regards,

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a follow up to note that the crash on copy issue is still present in the latest 41.1.12.11 release for MacOS. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Thanks for reaching out. The team has shared a workaround that might help you- You can workaround the crash by removing the "check_box_on" component from the state "Toggle State" of "check_box_off" master component. XD doesn't support circular dependencies between components (i.e. component A contains component B which contains another instance of A). Toggle buttons can be implemented without circular dependencies.
Here is a screenshot where XD highlights with red where an illegal component happens because of circular dependency. 

CX.png

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Harshika,

Thank you! That did fixed the file.

I never noticed the "red" bounding box before. Perhaps the "red" bounding box could be persistant on the parent and all of the children including on activation in Desktop Preview.

Thanks again

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear you are able to resolve the issue with the workaround. Please feel free to reach out to us in the future for any query related to XD.

We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue now too. Is there a fix in the works? I can't quite pinpoint what is causing it; nested components or what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is my version:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines