Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD Asset Export Issue

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have used XD for some time now, but for the first time I'm tasked with exporting all of my assets for the Developer.

My question is: Why is XD exporting my entire asset with an image bleeding off artboard as opposed to just the visible part of the image? Do I need to mask every instance of this design element to set a proper bounding box or is there some other slice tool/option I'm missing.

As you can see from the image I have provided, the greyed out part show the elements of my design that bleed off the artboard. XD is exporting all of my assets including the portions that bleed off of the actual viewable artboard. I don't want that. I just want the part of the image on the actual artboard.Screen Shot 2019-02-14 at 9.47.10 AM.png

Any help would be great!

[edited for typo]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019

Why is XD exporting my entire asset with an image bleeding off artboard as opposed to just the visible part of the image?

I understand where you are coming from, but...

For example, in Photoshop, if you do Quick Export, your exported image will be cropped to the document area. In my view that's because Photoshop is designed for static creative. XD on the other hand, is for creating digital media, which is inherently dynamic. e.g. I want to move the loaf of bread across the screen with CSS animatio

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is XD exporting my entire asset with an image bleeding off artboard as opposed to just the visible part of the image?

I understand where you are coming from, but...

For example, in Photoshop, if you do Quick Export, your exported image will be cropped to the document area. In my view that's because Photoshop is designed for static creative. XD on the other hand, is for creating digital media, which is inherently dynamic. e.g. I want to move the loaf of bread across the screen with CSS animation, and if XD cropped my image to the artboard it will be useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ken,

I understand what you're saying. I am going to assume that any asset that I mark for exporting needs to have a mask on it in order to export to the correct size via its bounding box. I also have a multitude of assets that bleed off the page that will all need a mask to reset their bounding box as I have zero intention of animating those elements and have no use for the portions of the image bleeding off the page.

This is an extra step for me for exporting assets. I do not feel this has improved my workflow from other design software, but I do appreciate your response. For me personally there is other software out there that does a much better job of handling this aspect of asset handling.

Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Figma?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines