• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADOBE XD BLACK BARS ON SIDES OF ECHOW SHOW 5

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADOBE XD v 21.2.12.3 does not preview to "Amazon Echo Show 5" properly. I keep getting black bars on either side of my layouts regardless of what size I set up my artboards. The internet says the Show 5 screen dimensions are 960x480, but XD won't do that. Any workarounds?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2019 Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean that Adobe Xd don't allows to create an 960x480 size artboard or you can't preview your project shared link on Amazon Echo Show 5's screen? Are you previewing it in Browser? Which Browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• XD does allow the creation of  a 960x480 px artboard
  • XD does export the prototype to the Amazon echo show 5. Voice commands work nicely
  • The prototype screen viewed on the echo 5 has black borders on either side.

On the echo show 5, The left and the right part of the screen is cropped off resulting in black bars on either side. It's as if the plugin is cropping the layout during  transfer to fit a different Echo model. It looks like the image gets cropped to a1280x800 or a 1024x600?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Martin,

We're sorry to hear you're having trouble previewing and you're seeing black borders on both sides. I'd like to confirm if you're using dual-monitors while previewing the prototype? If yes, please try to preview with a single monitor and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried a single monitor setup and it hasn't resolved the issue. see attached image, (Adobe XD on top, Alexa Echo below)

adobexd-alexaecho5.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any idea how to resolve this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2019 Aug 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All that I can suggest to make your design smaller than artboard. But I don't think that this can solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks, tried that with no beneficial results. Still having the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines