• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD cannot be opened because of a problem

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the latest version of XD on my iMac and when I tried to open it I get a message saying '

Adobe XD cannot be opened because of a problem' I updated the OS (10.15.5) incase this was a problem and also tried to install earlier versions of XD but still get the same message. Can anyone help?

TOPICS
Announcement , Crash on mac , Known Issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Problem was resolved by uninstalling the CC Desktop program and then Reinstalled it. XD Worked fine after.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Philip,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. I'd request if you can ensure that the Mac meets the minimum system requirement as per this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/system-requirements.html#:~:text=To%20install%20and%20use%20Adobe,(v14393...

If it does meet the minimum system requirement, then we will need to isolate the root cause of the issue, so I'd request you to please try the steps below and let us know if it helps:

1. Please try booting the system into Safe Mode (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/global/start-safe-boot-mode-mac.html) and check if it works there.
  2. If that doesn't help, log in to the root account (https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204012). Check if the application works there.

If nothing helps, I'd request you to please collect system logs by following the steps shared here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html and share it with us.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem was resolved by uninstalling the CC Desktop program and then Reinstalled it. XD Worked fine after.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear it has been resolved! Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions or issues in the future. Thanks!   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same problem. Did you have to uninstall all apps as well? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So, I resolved this problem in the same way that Phillip solved. I had to uninstall ALL Adobe apps which then allowed me to uninstall the CC desktop app. I then had to resintall everything, the desktop app, XD, and all of my other Adobe apps. This took me a good amount of my afternoon and caused me to miss a deadline, it was really unfortunate timing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines