Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD cant open up file.

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Adobe XD users.

Im facing a serious issue on not able to open my files of XD.

This message keep poping out, even i had my adobe XD with the latest version of Version : 15.0.12.8.

Screenshot 2019-02-08 at 13.20.15.png

When i click "Update Now" it closed the whole XD program,  my Adobe Creative Suit shows that i had updated my Adobe XD :

Screenshot 2019-02-08 at 13.24.09.png

Even I had tried to revert to the older version, it still does not open the file.

HELP NEEDED, PLEASE..

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Hi everyone, please update Adobe XD to the latest release Adobe XD 16 and please update this discussion if this issue has resolved for you.

Here is how you can update to the latest build: - Update apps to the latest release of Adobe Creative Cloud

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matthew,

I understand that it could be annoying. I will try my best to help you with this. I'd like to confirm if you've tried all the solutions mentioned in this post. If yes and still it doesn't work, I'd request you to please share the OS and XD version of your machine so that we can investigate further about the issue.

Please let me know if you've any issues with this. I'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm getting the 'this was created with a newer version of XD' warning when trying to open file/s I created yesterday?

I've updated to the latest version, all seems to install fine and about menu option tells me I'm running the latest (15.0.12.8) but some how I'm still getting this error???

Any solutions or reasons why on earth this is happening?

Mac OS Mojave 10.14.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XD has no upward compatibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologize for your experience. Would it be possible to share the file with us for testing? You can upload to a shared location such as Creative Cloud and share the URL with me over a private message. To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2019 Feb 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a similar thread and a new update - the most recent update is 16.0.2.8.

There is a more current version of Mojave as well: 10.14.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like Celeste correctly pointed out, can you install the latest Adobe XD update (Version 16), and let us know if you are still facing issues?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah thanks Preran and cmgap​ that appears to have fixed it.

Oddly enough I did manage to get the file working on v15. when I downloaded a version that I had uploaded to Slack. It was exactly the same file so not sure what was going on there???

thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating adobe xd , I couldn't open my project and face with this error
There was an error opening the file my_project.xd  (Error Code 47)
How to solve it?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2019 May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm experiencing the same problem and can't seem to solve it.

Do i have to update to Mojave?

Thank u

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2019 May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilianar,

Sorry that you are unable to open your document with XD now. Is there any error message that you are getting while opening the file? I would also like know the version of XD and the exact OS build which you are using at the moment.

If possible, please try to open the file on a different device and check if that works.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I know this is an old post but I am facing this issue with version 27.2.12.4. I am downloading it from the Adobe site but when I check for updates there aren't any. When I try to open my Collegue's file taht has been made in version 28.0.12.10. I have restarted my computer, uninstalled Adobe and re-installed and all the usual methods to check. Please help since I cannot even open the files to work on them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2019 Mar 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I'm having a problem with my version of Xd.

I have the latest version installed but when trying to open up an Xd file from the internet, it's warning me that was made with a newer version of Xd.

Can someone help me with this issue I'm facing?

Thanks in advance!

error.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Muratm,

Sorry that you are unable to work on this file, I would like to know the exact version which you are using right now? Please go to "Help" menu and then "About XD".

Awaiting your response.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Atul_saini

The Xd vesrion I'm using is 13.1.32.8 (Starter)

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muratm, the latest version available at the moment is Adobe XD 17. Please update to the latest version using this link: - Update apps to the latest release of Adobe Creative Cloud and this should allow you to open this file on your machine.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2019 May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I've got the same kind of problem.

My XD version : 18.1.12.1

Viewing some tutorials, it appear that I'm missing some features :

- guides

- timer

I can't open some ressources (EX : auto animate,...).

Same message  "This file was created with a newer version..."

Anyway My CC app says that my XD is up to date.

I've got a CC subscription for all apps...

I'm on Mac with High Sierra OS (10.13.6)

Please, help me !

Best regards

Eric DAIME

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2019 May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share xd file? I will try to open with my XD, save again  and send you back

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2019 May 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, your XD version is certainly not the latest one. The version should be something in the realm of 19 ! So that probably explains why files are not opening and certain features missing. And the real culprit is either accidentally having/using multiple versions of XD on your system (do a Spotlight search for "XD"), or your CC Desktop Panel not being aware of this latest version (try signing out and back in again with your CC panel).

Schermafbeelding 2019-05-25 om 10.22.36.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2019 May 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also use this tool for cleaning the old version Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I had only one installed version of XD.

Anyway uninstalling it and make a new install give me the last version...

No cleaner tool needed...

No more opening file problem.

Thanks a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have an older version that you can't upgarde this might help you: https://xd2sketch.com/open-xd-file-old-corrupted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines