Highlighted

Adobe XD cant open up file.

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Adobe XD users.

Im facing a serious issue on not able to open my files of XD.

This message keep poping out, even i had my adobe XD with the latest version of Version : 15.0.12.8.

Screenshot 2019-02-08 at 13.20.15.png

When i click "Update Now" it closed the whole XD program,  my Adobe Creative Suit shows that i had updated my Adobe XD :

Screenshot 2019-02-08 at 13.24.09.png

Even I had tried to revert to the older version, it still does not open the file.

HELP NEEDED, PLEASE..

Hi everyone, please update Adobe XD to the latest release Adobe XD 16 and please update this discussion if this issue has resolved for you.

Here is how you can update to the latest build: - Update apps to the latest release of Adobe Creative Cloud

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe XD cant open up file.

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Adobe XD users.

Im facing a serious issue on not able to open my files of XD.

This message keep poping out, even i had my adobe XD with the latest version of Version : 15.0.12.8.

Screenshot 2019-02-08 at 13.20.15.png

When i click "Update Now" it closed the whole XD program,  my Adobe Creative Suit shows that i had updated my Adobe XD :

Screenshot 2019-02-08 at 13.24.09.png

Even I had tried to revert to the older version, it still does not open the file.

HELP NEEDED, PLEASE..

Hi everyone, please update Adobe XD to the latest release Adobe XD 16 and please update this discussion if this issue has resolved for you.

Here is how you can update to the latest build: - Update apps to the latest release of Adobe Creative Cloud

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 08, 2019 0
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm getting the 'this was created with a newer version of XD' warning when trying to open file/s I created yesterday?

I've updated to the latest version, all seems to install fine and about menu option tells me I'm running the latest (15.0.12.8) but some how I'm still getting this error???

Any solutions or reasons why on earth this is happening?

Mac OS Mojave 10.14.2

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 07, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XD has no upward compatibility.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 08, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologize for your experience. Would it be possible to share the file with us for testing? You can upload to a shared location such as Creative Cloud and share the URL with me over a private message. To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button.

Thanks,

Preran

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 08, 2019 0
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 08, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a similar thread and a new update - the most recent update is 16.0.2.8.

There is a more current version of Mojave as well: 10.14.3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 09, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like Celeste correctly pointed out, can you install the latest Adobe XD update (Version 16), and let us know if you are still facing issues?

Thanks,

Preran

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 11, 2019 0
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah thanks Preran and cmgap​ that appears to have fixed it.

Oddly enough I did manage to get the file working on v15. when I downloaded a version that I had uploaded to Slack. It was exactly the same file so not sure what was going on there???

thanks again

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 11, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating adobe xd , I couldn't open my project and face with this error
There was an error opening the file my_project.xd  (Error Code 47)
How to solve it?

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 23, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm experiencing the same problem and can't seem to solve it.

Do i have to update to Mojave?

Thank u

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 30, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilianar,

Sorry that you are unable to open your document with XD now. Is there any error message that you are getting while opening the file? I would also like know the version of XD and the exact OS build which you are using at the moment.

If possible, please try to open the file on a different device and check if that works.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 30, 2019 0
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I know this is an old post but I am facing this issue with version 27.2.12.4. I am downloading it from the Adobe site but when I check for updates there aren't any. When I try to open my Collegue's file taht has been made in version 28.0.12.10. I have restarted my computer, uninstalled Adobe and re-installed and all the usual methods to check. Please help since I cannot even open the files to work on them. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 12, 2020 1
Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Discussion successfully moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to Adobe XD CC

Regards,
Abambo
Hard- and Software Engineer and Photographer

I'm not an Adobe employee. All advice constitutes my own opinion. Use at your risk! 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 08, 2019 0
Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you restart your computer after updating? Have your tried to completely sign out of the Creative Cloud Manager (not quit) and then back in?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 08, 2019 0
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, i did it doesnt work either. Even uninstall and reinstalling both old n new version. It just happen today, all the file that was save today was unable to open.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 08, 2019 0
Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the file?

Can you create a new document? Can you open other documents?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 08, 2019 0
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, im able to create new documents n those document which i didt not open and saved today.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 08, 2019 0
Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like the file you are having problems with is corrupted. If you can share the file, I can try to open it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 08, 2019 0
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the offering, but i cant share the work file due to p&c issue, sorry.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 08, 2019 0
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. I worked on the file this morning. Updated XD and now I cannot open the file and get the same error message.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 08, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a workaround solution, and if it isn't too much of a problem, can you try recreating your file in the version of Adobe XD that is now open on your computer? Also, can you let me know of the Adobe XD version that you are trying to open the files with?

Thanks,

Preran

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 08, 2019 0
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tried, took them forever to reply...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 08, 2019 0
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version : 15.0.12.8.

I have been working on the file since August! I cannot recreate all the work that has gone in to it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 08, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was just an option in case if it was possible. I perfectly understand if that isn't a viable solution for you.

Do share the file with me, and I will try to investigate at my end.

Thanks,

Preran

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 08, 2019 0
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WE NEED REPLY FROM XD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 08, 2019 0