• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD crashed when i export artboard to After Effects on macOS(10.14.5) and XD version(21.2.12.3)

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2019 Aug 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried updating everything possible, cleaning my mac, restarting it, shutting it off - waiting and turning it back on. Nothing helps.

I took a screenshot of what happens. What you see in the image is right after i have clicked export to efter effects. The bar at the top appears which tells me its supposed to load (fill with blue), but it doesn't. instead it shuts down the entire program (adobe XD) and nothing is sent to after effects. I have done it a couple of times before on this computer and it worked fine (three days ago). I'm running a MacOS Mojave 10.14.5 on a MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015). Other spesifications: Processor: 1,6 GHz Intel Core i5, Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, graphic: Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB. Both after effects and xd are updated from creative cloud (2019 versions). (not sure if it's relevant, but i store my after effects files in a different cloud"operator" than XD.)Skjermbilde 2019-08-02 kl. 13.19.05.png

Ida

The Title was edited by Moderator.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019

Hi Ida,

Thank you for sharing the details and performing the initial troubleshooting steps. That doesn't look quite right to me. I'd suggest getting in touch with our support team directly for 1:1 support using this link: Contact Customer Care so that you can get real-time assistance.

Please let me know if you face any issues contacting them.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2019 Aug 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ida,

We're sorry to hear you're facing trouble exporting artboards from XD to After Effects and thank you for sharing the screenshot and detailed information. We'd need a few more details like:-

• Is it crashing with a specific file or all the files?
  • Could you please try another file and share the results with us?
  • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling XD and After effects and let us know if that works?

Please let me know if you face any issues with this.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2019 Aug 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

• It crashes when i export elements, groups and also when i Try to export the entire artboard.
  • I just created another xd document and files the artboard with various geometric shapes. It worked when i tried to export ut to after effects! So maybe the problem is with the other xd file?
  • I tried installing/reinstalling xd and Ae, but no change.

This is the error message i get

Skjermbilde 2019-08-04 kl. 21.47.20.png

Any ideas?

Ida

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ida,

Thank you for sharing the details and performing the initial troubleshooting steps. That doesn't look quite right to me. I'd suggest getting in touch with our support team directly for 1:1 support using this link: Contact Customer Care so that you can get real-time assistance.

Please let me know if you face any issues contacting them.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines