Highlighted

Adobe XD crashes on startup...Windows 10 1803

Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also on 1803, the recent XD update completely won't allow me to launch XD. I can't work like this. It just prompts a white window and crashes immediately.

If you continue facing this issue with XD, please join our discussion here https://community.adobe.com/t5/Adobe-XD/TROUBLESHOOTING-Adobe-XD-crashes-on-launch-on-Windows-10/td-p/10602095 

Thanks,

Preran

Views

Translate

Translate

This conversation has been locked.

Adobe XD crashes on startup...Windows 10 1803

Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also on 1803, the recent XD update completely won't allow me to launch XD. I can't work like this. It just prompts a white window and crashes immediately.

If you continue facing this issue with XD, please join our discussion here https://community.adobe.com/t5/Adobe-XD/TROUBLESHOOTING-Adobe-XD-crashes-on-launch-on-Windows-10/td-p/10602095 

Thanks,

Preran

Views

Translate

Translate

Jun 15, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Branched to a new discussion.

Hi Alexander,

As you have mentioned that you are unable to launch Adobe XD on Windows 10, v1803, it just gives you a white window before crashing.

I would request you to share the following details,

1. Version of Adobe XD
  2. Video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)

In addition to this, please send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone number over a private message. We will get in touch with you for investigation. To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button.

Awaiting your response.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Translate

Translate

Jun 18, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Atul,

I have this issue fixed, which the problem doesn't stem from Adobe's side. But hopefully that the Adobe team would escalate this to the Microsoft Windows team to have them addressed the issue as well. Else, they may just sit on this problem like it didn't exist and that would create headaches for you guys at Adobe XD.

But to answer your questions:

1. Running the latest Adobe XD, version 9.0.12.19
  2. Windows 10 (1803)
  3. I do not have the recording of the issue unfortunately

Here's what happened for most of the people who had this issue:

• The user needs to be on Windows 10, version 1803 and
  • already has the most recent KB4283835 installed (this update is the cause)
  • All Windows Apps would no longer function, launching it would only see a brief window and it crashes
  • This applies to Adobe XD as it is a Windows App, instead of the usual x64 desktop app
  • The KB4283835 update would cause your Windows login credentials and app manifests to be corrupted, rendering all Windows Apps inaccessible.

Through Microsoft Technical Support, the technician spent almost 6 hours troubleshooting and finding a workaround for me instead of a total system wipe and reformat. He was able to fix the problem, albeit it may not be the best solution.

What he did that fixed my problem:

1. Uninstalled the KB4283835 update
  2. Purged and reset all Windows App cache
  3. Started a new Windows account
  4. Sign in to the account and let it setup
  5. Restarted the machine
  6. Sign into new account, test whether the apps are working, yes they work
  7. Transferred all my personal files and settings from old Windows account to the new account

The above is roughly what he discovered can be done after many hours of troubleshooting. It isn't the best way, as this issue shouldn't have happened. The KB4283835 update was bad. Rollbacks or system restore won't do anything, as the update had some kernel changes also as I was told. But this solution had me avoiding a total reformat of my machine and re-setup everything. I just needed to relogin to a few items when he was done. My Adobe XD is now working, I stopped the KB4283835 update from installing for now.

To Atul, please raise this issue to the Windows team.

Translate

Translate

Jun 19, 2018 1
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alexander,

Thank you so much for the detailed description and your efforts. I would certainly share your feedback and description with the team. It is going to be a great help for future visitors as well.

Thank you once again.

Atul_Saini

Translate

Translate

Jun 19, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I am a UX/UI professional. This is not Microsoft's problem, Adobe needs to adjust to the OS. The OS doesn't adjust to the software. I personally find that backwards. Adobe needs to communicate with MS to fix this issue, and until it's fixed should give some money back to everyone that is not receiving full service as advertised.

Translate

Translate

Jan 16, 2019 2
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in windows version 1809
Adobe XD Version 14

Adobe XD has been working fine up until yesterday. It just started crashing on startup, white window and immediate crash. Spent all day trying different things from different blogs even this one and to no avail. This is very frustrating it's never done this before.

I don't know what the cause is but my whole agency has slowly been moving from Photoshop to Adobe XD for creating things for our clients, and its very worrisome if its gonna happen to every one of our computers and I don't see Adobe doing anything about it.

Translate

Translate

Jan 19, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Emanuelm & DBurnett, sorry that you are unable to use Adobe XD, could you please try the steps mentioned here: - Adobe XD shows white screen after launch and crashes on Windows and update this discussion with the results.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Translate

Translate

Jan 21, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Atul

Thank you for taking your time to answer. Unfortunately I have already tried that twice (just to make sure i got the steps right) and there were no results. I could update the discussion with screenshots of the steps (maybe I missed something?) later in the day when I get back home.

Translate

Translate

Jan 21, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Emanuelm, it appears that you have tried all the basic troubleshooting steps, I would request you to get in touch with our support team for 1:1 assistance on this case. Please use this link to contact our support team: - Contact Customer Care.

Please let us know in case you need any other help.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Translate

Translate

Jan 22, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you continue facing this issue with XD, please join our discussion here https://community.adobe.com/t5/Adobe-XD/TROUBLESHOOTING-Adobe-XD-crashes-on-launch-on-Windows-10/td-...

Thanks,

Preran

Translate

Translate

Sep 12, 2019 0