• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD crashes when opening files - spike in memory usage

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am having a similar problem as some have posted here - when opening a cloud document in Adobe XD, the memory consumed by the program spikes higher and higher until I have to force-quit the application (the file displays a completed loading progress bar). I would like advice to resolve this as I and my design team rely on XD exclusively for all our product design files, and switching to a new design software ecosystem is prohibitive – but we cannot currently perform our design duties well for our company.

Details:

• macOS Catalina 10.15.7
  • Adobe XD 34.1.12
  • Opening one design file at a time will sometimes allow us to edit the file without XD crashing
  • Opening a second file at the same time almost always causes the fatal memory spike
  • When a file successfully opens, other actions that can cause a crash: zooming in, copying and pasting, performing multiple functions in quick successsion
  • All our design files are linked to a central design system library file in XD
  • Have tried closing all other applications while using XD (not really practical)
  • Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling XD through the Creative Cloud window (this briefly added some stability which has eroded again)
  • Have tried restarting the Mac multiple times
  • Two other members of my design team are experiencing similar difficulties with the software
  • XD worked pretty flawlessly for us up until the update at MAX last week

I'm concerned it might be the complexity of the central design library file, as we have a robust design system of components that go into all our projects – and we can open multiple files that are NOT connected to this library without crashing. If that is the cause, can you recommend how to repair or change our library file to prevent crashing?

Screencaptures from Activity Monitor attached; the first (XD using ~1.5GB) is with one file open, the second (XD using ~110GB) is with two files open

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please try updating XD to the latest version XD 34.2 and let us know if it still utilizes high memory? In case if it still does, please collect and share system logs by following the steps shared here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

Regards

Rishabh 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rishabh - I have updated to the latest version of XD, and it still crashes immediately in the same way as before, so that did not resolve the issue.

I collected the logs and the confirmation email I received has this text:

The following file has been uploaded on Adobe LogCollector Portal:

File: AdobeLogs_20201106_095527_142-mac.zip

Please use the above filename as a reference when contacting Adobe Customer Care.

Thank you,

The Log Collector Tool team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the logs, Jason. I have escalated this with the Engineering team and will share an update as soon as we hear from the team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jason, I just got a note from the Engineering team, will it be possible for you to share the two documents with which this issue seems to be happening? If yes, please add the files to a shared location like DropBox or Google Drive and share it with me through DM. While sending DM, please add this discussion link in the subject.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue but on Windows described here 2 weeks ago. Collected and sent logs to only get a request to send them files that have problems. I have more than 50 of them, some work, some don't - I could not wait any longer, so I've started from scratch. Almost finished recreating our design system in new cloud files (it's huge so our library is spread across several files) to use in new designs, while old ones will be "read only" just for reference. It's a lot of unnecessary work, but it's better than not being able to work at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. I checked the other thread and it looks like that the logs have been shared with the Engineering team. In these scenarios, we log a ticket with our Engineering team to identify the root cause of the issue, and depending upon that we troubleshoot the issue further. I am tracking this and will update your initial post as soon as I hear from the team. We're so sorry for the delay in resolution and the inconvenience caused.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines