Adobe XD crashes when pasting text

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My XD is updated to the final version and I double checked. Each time I try to paste a text inside the box on Adobe XD, it crashes and quit unexpectedly. I tried it many times and many times its happening. 

I know XD doesn't support other than Latin text, but even when pasting a text that I copied from another program? 

Also when having an Arabic text box on XD, the text is not showing. I need to click on another tool or outside the text box in order to see the full text. It is annoying when you can't see what you are typing. 

Please help or fix this issue. 

Font: Cairo (google web friendly)

Issue happens when pasting from Photoshop and from Illustrator and from Microsoft Word !!

TOPICS
Crash on mac, Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

1 Correct Answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2020
Mihnea Ovidenie Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2020
Hi,   We fixed an issue with the RTL text in the XD 34.1 version. Can you please check it and let us know whether the problem goes away for it?   Cheers, M.

Translate

Translate
Jump to answer Jump to answer
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, we're sorry you're having trouble with Adobe XD. By any chance, are you using a font manager? Does this error also occur with other fonts and on different files?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Gee1984 AUTHOR
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, yes happening with other fonts and other files. always the same thing, it quits unexpectedly when i paste the text and click outside the box. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, have you tried to update Adobe Xd to the new version (34.0.12)?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Gee1984 AUTHOR
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, like I said in my comment above, it is fully updated. 

Screen Shot 2020-10-25 at 10.54.45 AM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Gee1984 AUTHOR
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, even the Adobe Professional is not answering.

I guess there is no solution to that except "have you tried to update Adobe Xd to the new version"? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We fixed an issue with the RTL text in the XD 34.1 version. Can you please check it and let us know whether the problem goes away for it?

Cheers,

M.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Gee1984 AUTHOR
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

Well I tried and it's not force quitting anymore, I even tried to copy-paste an arabic text from Photoshop and it didn't quit on me. 

There is still one more issue though, while working inside the text box on XD, the text is not showing (please see attached screenshot). 

Screen Shot 2020-10-27 at 1.13.35 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to work on an assignment for my class and I have been doing good thus far except for today. I was using a component with text going good. Then I go to use a new one, start typing, go to align the text and it  freezes on me. Everything on XD froze, it ended up force closing so I opened it back up again. Bring the component in go to change the text, align it and guess what? It froze.....again but this time I couldn't close the window and it wasn't closing itself I had to power down my PC and restart it. The restart didn't even help. There has got to be a way to keep this from happening. And YES it is updated to the latest version.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines