• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD crashes on Launch on Windows

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing constant crashing on opening on Adobe XD.

Faulting application name: XD CC.exe, version: 8.0.22.11, time stamp: 0x5aebc274

Faulting module name: Windows.UI.Xaml.dll, version: 10.0.17672.1000, time stamp: 0x9241c270

Exception code: 0xc000027b

Fault offset: 0x00000000004d6f6d

Faulting process id: 0xaa4

Faulting application start time: 0x01d3edf59357dfc4

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Adobe.CC.XD_8.0.22.11_x64__adky2gkssdxte\XD CC.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\Windows.UI.Xaml.dll

Report Id: 74927d71-b010-4435-9ed9-12bc3302d959

Faulting package full name: Adobe.CC.XD_8.0.22.11_x64__adky2gkssdxte

Faulting package-relative application ID: App

This is what i got from the event viewer log. I think the issue is related with a XAML dll file. Is there a fix or any workarounds to get XD working?

{RENAMED BY MOD}

TOPICS
Crash on windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Hi Sharathp,

The most common reason for crashes in Adobe XD are

- Using Beta version of Windows 10 (the team is working on a fix)

- Outdated graphic drivers : Do check any pending updates by visiting the manufacturer's site.

If these do not apply to you, please send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone number over a private message. We will get in touch with you for investigation. To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

I've got the same problem with

And I have solved that by going to C:\Program Files and make sure that my current Windows user have Full Control with the WindowsApps folder.

You can do it by following this tutorial: https://www.maketecheasier.com/access-windowsapps-folder-windows-10/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sharathp,

The most common reason for crashes in Adobe XD are

- Using Beta version of Windows 10 (the team is working on a fix)

- Outdated graphic drivers : Do check any pending updates by visiting the manufacturer's site.

If these do not apply to you, please send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone number over a private message. We will get in touch with you for investigation. To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran,

I am using a preview version of Windows 10.

Would you be able to provide an ETA on the proposed fix?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey MS themselves pushed out a new build that solved the previous issue with XAML rendering that caused the crash on opening. This time around the crash occurs when we try to zoom in or out.

The event viewer shows this error

Faulting application name: XD CC.exe, version: 8.0.22.11, time stamp: 0x5aebc274

Faulting module name: TextInputFramework.dll, version: 10.0.17677.1000, time stamp: 0x0c66b7d4

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000000000008d20

Faulting process id: 0x35cc

Faulting application start time: 0x01d3f72bb61edba0

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Adobe.CC.XD_8.0.22.11_x64__adky2gkssdxte\XD CC.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\TextInputFramework.dll

Report Id: 5bb1692c-de31-4f45-91af-0188362c7ba0

Faulting package full name: Adobe.CC.XD_8.0.22.11_x64__adky2gkssdxte

Still, need MS to fix this issue? or can you guys at Adobe do it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the info. I am not sure about this issue with the latest Windows update.

Can you send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone number over a private message? To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button. We will get in touch with you for investigation. To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2019 Jul 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am experiencing the exact same issue with Faulting module name: Windows.UI.Xaml.dll

Have you been able to help anyone with a resolution? I've unistalled and reinstalled the product, cleaning temp files etc. in between numerous times. That's not a solution to this issue.

I have many many XD files that are now completely useless since your app is broken. My projects have ground to a halt. I'm losing money. Please reply Peran​ with a solution!

Here's the error:

Faulting application name: XD.exe, version: 20.1.12.4, time stamp: 0x5d0c140f

Faulting module name: Windows.UI.Xaml.dll, version: 10.0.17134.799, time stamp: 0x4c4ad50a

Fault offset: 0x00000000006a6552

Faulting process id: 0x3db0

Faulting application start time: 0x01d5341d787aa581

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Adobe.CC.XD_20.1.12.4_x64__adky2gkssdxte\XD.exe

Report Id: 85565218-4e21-483d-8050-527555ead6a7

Faulting package full name: Adobe.CC.XD_20.1.12.4_x64__adky2gkssdxte

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dwayne,

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble using Adobe XD. Thank you for following the initial troubleshooting procedure. Could you please confirm if you have performed the solution 4 from the link mentioned by Preran in post # 11?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

Thanks for your response.

Yes I have tried solution number 4, multiple times.

However, you will note I am experiencing a different error so this troubleshooting method was ineffective.

I've included my error log details above. I have not found a solution that addresses this specific error. it started about a week and a half ago. all my drivers are up to date.

Thanks,

Dwayne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the clarification. Please send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone number over a private message. To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button. We will get in touch with you for further investigation.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2018 Jun 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear preran,

It has been like four days since you asked me for my contact address. As of now, I haven't received any calls, SMS or email from your part.

Kindly update

Thanks

Sharath

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologize for the delay, I have sent a reminder to the team. They should get in touch with you soon. You can also contact them directly using this link Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am having the same problem, after installing Adobe XD on Windows 10 Build 1809 it won´t start. I have everything up to date. Application event log says this:

Faulting application name: XD CC.exe, version: 16.0.2.8, time stamp: 0x5c52eba9

Faulting module name: twinapi.appcore.dll, version: 10.0.17763.168, time stamp: 0xadd3968e

Fault offset: 0x00000000000bd598

Faulting process id: 0x18f0

Faulting application start time: 0x01d4bf31c9ad1851

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Adobe.CC.XD_16.0.2.8_x64__adky2gkssdxte\XD CC.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\twinapi.appcore.dll

Report Id: d3c60a13-ea6a-42ef-b0b9-b9f0405f30d8

Faulting package full name: Adobe.CC.XD_16.0.2.8_x64__adky2gkssdxte

Can you please help me solve this problem so that I can run XD? Thank you very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologize for your experience. Can you try the solution in the following doc and let me know if it helped?

Adobe XD shows white screen after launch and crashes on Windows

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect, it´s working, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We were unable to reach you and you should have a message from us.

Also the email ID that you sent does not match with any Adobe ID in our database. If you use a different email address for your Adobe ID, can you resend?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Preran,

I had one of your executives take some memory dump data from my computer as a part of fixing this issue.

Is there any updates on this issue?

I have been using XD from a windows VM for weeks and it is just a pain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sharath,

Can you send me your case number so that I can use it to look up the details?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preran​

I am experiencing the same issue after the last update to Windows 10.  Application log is as so :

Faulting application name: XD CC.exe, version: 9.1.12.3, time stamp: 0x5b2c0c73

Faulting module name: TextInputFramework.dll, version: 10.0.17692.1004, time stamp: 0x61c1465b

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000000000001fc55

Faulting process id: 0x313c

Faulting application start time: 0x01d413921d8fe584

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Adobe.CC.XD_9.1.12.3_x64__adky2gkssdxte\XD CC.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\TextInputFramework.dll

Report Id: a11acb11-ddd1-4db4-b724-662dd300bd68

Faulting package full name: Adobe.CC.XD_9.1.12.3_x64__adky2gkssdxte

Updating the graphics driver to the most up to date version from the manufacturer's website did not resolve this issue (as this is state for a reason for common failure).

Hoping that a fix/workaround can happen soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same problem with

And I have solved that by going to C:\Program Files and make sure that my current Windows user have Full Control with the WindowsApps folder.

You can do it by following this tutorial: https://www.maketecheasier.com/access-windowsapps-folder-windows-10/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2020 Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there, 

I'm also experiencing this type of error, and I've already tried many times doing all the solutions that have been posted here and other forum as well such as the crashing white screen error but it still doesn't work for me . Please help me

Faulting application name: XD.exe, version: 24.0.22.19, time stamp: 0x5db735f5
Faulting module name: Windows.UI.Xaml.dll, version: 10.0.18362.449, time stamp: 0xb90db728
Fault offset: 0x0000000000712ec0
Faulting process id: 0x4100
Faulting application start time: 0x01d5c41235a22521
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Adobe.CC.XD_24.0.22.19_x64__adky2gkssdxte\XD.exe
Report Id: 3ca4bc01-c0c9-403d-b4e1-ed8c869f6324
Faulting package full name: Adobe.CC.XD_24.0.22.19_x64__adky2gkssdxte

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines