• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD Freezes after Exporting Artboards to PNGs

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I export artboards as PNGs, Xd will freeze once the export is complete. The screen gets stuck in a loading state, I presume this is when the Xd is autosaving any recent changes. Has anyone else experienced this issue? It's incredibly frustrating and slowing down my workflow. 

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Nov 02, 2019 Nov 02, 2019

Hi Harshika,

I fixed the problem by uninstalling and reinstalling Xd on to my machine. The problem seemed to be related to updating to Catalina OS on my macbook.

Thanks, Ruth

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Hi everybody,

This is a bug in the folder picker that appeared in the latest versions of OSX. We have been in contact with Apple regarding this issue, they are aware of it and they are working on it. 

In the meanwhile, what we can recommend as workarounds:

- if possible, don't use the New Folder functionality from the folder/file picker

- if you do use it and you notice the options view (the part below the folders where you can select for which platform to export - iOS, Android etc) becoming unres

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't correct this bug.  It still exists and nothing seems to help.  Adobe, please look into this.  It's getting REALLY annoying at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have the same problem
My OS is: macOS Catalina, the version of Adobe XD I have is 36.1.32. This happens with any file and I need to force quit every time I export some artboard and I already have the program up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue on Windows 10 build 19042.746

And XD 36.2.32.

I've reinstall it and now it doesn't open anymore. It is stuck at the splash screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exporting has a problem in XD. I was exporting some images which I already exported before and I wanted to overwrite them. 
Crashing always happens when I overwrite and save them as png.

{Renamed By MOD}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. We'll need to test this on our end so could you please share a few more details like:

1. The version of XD and OS.
  2. Does this happen on a specific file or multiple files?
  3. Could you please test if this also happens if you change the destination folder for export? 
  4. Does changing the name of the exported objects avoid crashing?

We're here to help, just need more information.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, after browsing quickly the forum, i saw many people reporting crashes of png or anytype of format on the export. It happens to me and my colleagues as well. i'd say there is a 60% chance of corrupted png export (when exporting Design) 

I'm wondering if thats gonna be fixed at some point because as a lot of people mentionned, its a huge waste of time. Its even more dramatic when you try to delete those corrupted pngs. I basically have to restart my PC to be able to delete them. 

Windows 10 user (1909) with Adobe XD v39.0.12

{Renamed By MOD}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. We'll need to escalate this further so could you please share system logs(https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html) and Crash Dump(https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/user-guide.html/xd/kb/how-to-generate-crash-dump-on-windows-machine.ug.ht... and share both the logs by adding them to a shared location like Google Drive or DropBox and DM me the link by clicking on my name.

Note: While sending a DM, please add this discussion link in the subject.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2022 Dec 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am also having this issue for past 2 years.. and the only option that works for me is to save all my artboard to the desktop folder.
Please Help! Happy New Year

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines