• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD file constantly crashing. Please help!

Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An XD file I have been working with for a long time recently stopped working. I was having no issue until I made some minor updates to a connected library. Since then, the file has been continually crashing and I'm also seeing all sorts of odd behaviour. For example, if I duplicate a nested component in a stack, the component will continually appear then disappear. Even once deleted, it will reappear again randomly while I'm working on the parent component. I've tried opening a backup of the file I saved a few weeks ago and it appears to be working correctly, but the backup is missing A LOT of work that I have done since then. Can someone at Adobe please take a look at this?

I am on Windows 10 using Adobe 35.1.12.5 and the file is saved to my local computer but connected to a cloud library. I cannot upload the file to this post for some reason (says the attachements content type does not match its file extention?) but can share through other means.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. We'll need to investigate this on our end, so could you please add the file to a shared location like Google Drive or DropBox and then share the link with me through DM by clicking on my name. We'll also need the system logs, so please collect system logs by following the steps shared here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

Note: While sending a DM, please add this discussion link in the subject.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rishabh_Tiwari I think I just sent you a private message. There was no confirmation when I hit sent and the message modal did not close. When I hit send again it said 'You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later.' Can you confirm that you did recieve the message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am afraid, I haven't received the message yet. Could you please try again and let me know if you are able to send the message to me or not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just sent it again and it looks like it went through. Please let me know if you received it. The subject is 'Original support community post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/adobe-xd-file-constantly-crashing-please-help/m-p/11650998?p...'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your patience, Bradenford, I have sent you a DM, please check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines