Highlighted

Adobe XD: How to make text copy-able in preview-mode?

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to offer the preview-link for my clients to review my design draft. They often need to copy text to work with it.

Currently the text in der preview mode is not able to copy. How to make it copy-able?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by kennethkawamoto2 | Adobe Community Professional

If you create and share a Design Spec, the text content is available under the Content area in the properties panel. Then you can just click on the textarea to copy the text content (no need to select the text and copy).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe XD: How to make text copy-able in preview-mode?

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to offer the preview-link for my clients to review my design draft. They often need to copy text to work with it.

Currently the text in der preview mode is not able to copy. How to make it copy-able?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by kennethkawamoto2 | Adobe Community Professional

If you create and share a Design Spec, the text content is available under the Content area in the properties panel. Then you can just click on the textarea to copy the text content (no need to select the text and copy).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so I am wondering the same thing... is it possible to make the text copiable in the preview section... 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for reachng out and using Adobe XD. Hope you are safe and healthy at home with your family.

I would like to confirm when you say in the preview section, do yo mean design for review link or you mean desktop preview?

As in preview mode you can only preview the design you will not be able to use them.

In order to copy the elements or text of the design, you can create the development share link and go to design specs tab from the link and click on text from the content on the right side and it will get copied.

Please let me know if i misunderstood your question.

I will try my best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines