• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD Integration With Dreamweaver and Exporting to XML?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure if this has previously been a topic of discussion but I am really surprised if it hasn't been.  While I absolutely love Adobe XD, (it has completely revolutionized my design process), it is a huge let down if I want to do anything other than prototyping.  You are severely limited with what you can export out of XD which is really unfortunate. 

My hope is that Adobe's development team will read this and figure out a solution that allows Adobe XD to better integrate with other Adobe products, like Dreamweaver.  It just seems they could take some of the technology they currently use with InDesign and InCopy and apply that to XD.  This would make converting XD artboards, components, assets and elements created on those artboards into usable XML files that could be imported into Dreamweaver or Adroid Studio.

Simple conversions: buttons, fields, links, search bars, nav bars, scroll bars, backgrounds, text fields, screen swiping, etc.   The java or swift programming could be done in Dreamweaver.

Kindest Regards,

Dominique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Honestly, I am surprised Adobe has continued to develop Dreamweaver. Most professional coders do not use Dreamweaver. Adobe is working on other integrations, such as this which looks interesting https://letsxd.com/vscode

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dominique,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing the feedback. I will share your feedback with the Engineering team and you can do that too by posting a request here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests

This is the best way of communicating with the Engineering and Product Management teams regarding issues and suggestions so they can be implemented in future releases. 

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much for your response.  The latest iteration of Dreamweaver is leagues beyond what it was 10 years ago.  It's also extremely lightweight as compared to Android Studio which will literally consume 100GB of dedicated hard drive space on your computer if you don't intensely micromanage everything it does and change environment variables. 

I think that Adobe is really close to fixing these loose ends that I mentioned above as they are on the precipice of something truly great with Adobe.io.   Honestly, this is starting to feel like 2003 when Creative Suite first came out and totally changed everything for designers and artists everywhere.  I am really excited for what happens next with Adobe in terms of app development.

Dominique

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly, I am surprised Adobe has continued to develop Dreamweaver. Most professional coders do not use Dreamweaver. Adobe is working on other integrations, such as this which looks interesting https://letsxd.com/vscode

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines