• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD is crashing while editing text.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am in trouble with the latest version of xd. When I start typing with the text tool, it just crashes the app.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Crash on windows , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Hi there,

We are sorry for the trouble. In addition to what our experts have asked and suggested, I would suggest changing focus like minimizing and maximizing the XD window that helped various customers in past.

I am also checking with the team if there is a bug logged for this issue.

I will update here as soon as I hear back from the team.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Update: I checked with the team, there is already a bug logged for the issue and they identified that it's a Microsoft issue and they are working with the team to identify the root cause of it. 

We will update you as soon as the issue is fixed. 

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 231 Replies 231
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2019 Dec 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, by chance this problem occurs only with a specific file or also on other files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2019 Dec 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hy,

I really dont know. I worked on this single project. I will be back with an answer. Meanwile someone suggest that the latest Windows update will fix it. The bad part is that I am up to date on Windows. Thank you for the question! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm...if you are on the latest version of Windows and XD and you are still able to reproduce this issue, we need to investigate it.  Send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone number over a private message. We will get in touch with you for investigation.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After entering text in the text editor and try to leave it, Adobe XD crashes.

Windows 10 Pro

Version: 1803

OS-Version: 17134.472

Newest Adobe XD installed. (14.0.42.14)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for posting here. Can you try the following solutions and let us know if any of these helped?

- Update your graphic drivers by visiting the manufacturer's site and checking for updates.

- Create a new user profile on your computer, and see if you can launch XD from that profile

- Uninstall Adobe XD using the Creative Cloud cleaner Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems​ and reinstall the software using the CC desktop app.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) I have latest driver

2) Can not do that, i am on a organization user account

3) Tried this and have even tried on another computer (Another organization account as well)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the info. A couple of other things:

-  What's the location of your file?

- Does this happen with all fonts or just some?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2019 Jan 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have the same problem when id edit text in an textarea (doubleclick) - i cant leave the textbox anymore. The program is still running but i cant change tools - iam trapped inside the text box. The only thing i can do is close and save the document and then open it again.

Regards Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the solutions I provided in post 1 did not help, I suggest getting in touch with us using this link Issue saving xd files to creative cloud​ for deeper investigation. Let the agent that attends to you know of the troubleshooting you have done so far.

Feel free to let me know if you need more assistance.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2019 Jan 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) Happens with saved and unsaved files.

2) XD crashes when trying to change fonts. So i dont need to type something before it crash. But once i mark up an area or just click to type and try to change settings or do something else it crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an ongoing issue for me. You get 'stuck' in a text layer when you try to edit. Only clicking on a layer in the left menu gets you out, but you still can't edit the text and also lose all keyboard shortcuts. Have to shut it down and open again. It's happened to me 4 times today already. Really frustrating!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2019 Jun 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am really sad to hear about the problems you're encountering. Can you please help us with a few questions that might help us better understand the problem:

1. What is your OS and XD version?

2. Is the problem a recent regression, or something that was happening on previous versions as well?

3. The original post mentioned a crash. Is that also your case, or is it just that the focus remains captive in the text editor?

4. Are you using cloud or local files?

5. Did you see any pattern that might trigger the issue (things like point vs area text, certain fonts, text being part of a symbol etc.)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm facing same issue as discussed above. Here are the requested details:

1) XD 21.0.12.11 starter on Windows 10 x64

2) I don't remember facing this issue before June update

3) Its just that I have a text box and there is no cursor. I cannot select/ delete/ type in text. Sometimes it does not allows me to get out of this situation for good 2-3 mins. I can close the program (Thankfully it asks me to whether save the file or not) and restart. Not just text box in prototype, this happens when I'm changing layer name too.
4) Local files
5) Nope

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was an XD update that went live yesterday. Can you try updating to 21.1 and let us know if you continue facing issues?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2019 Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I did update my XD upon your recommendation. Since then, I haven't face the same problem per say, but the overall performance seems to be affected. I started facing new issue of XD behaving strange at multiple events now (not limited to textbox)

Case example: I was trying to change the width of a component. I type the width in the box specified and hit tab for height, width isn't changed in workspace. The text in width box was highlighted but whatever I type was filling in height box (pretty weird I'll say).

So I have to click multiple times in empty workspace to get out of that situation. That's just one. I'm experiencing lot of performance glitches in new update. Please make it as smooth as before

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2019 Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vaibhav,

That sounds pretty strange. I'd like to confirm if you've restarted the machine after the update? The example that you've mentioned on your post, are you facing it randomly or with all the components?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika

I sure did reboot the system after update. I'm facing the above mentioned issues at random. They aren't limited to particular command or action. They are like performance glitches. I would have doubted my PC for low performance had I not upgraded it just 1.5 months back. The earlier version worked like charm. I think I started noticing them post june update.

One thing I'm really happy about is that even in frozen state, XD asks me to whether save the file before quitting. However, now I have to quit multiple times during the workflow which is a pain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the confirmation, Vaibhav. As you mentioned that this occurs randomly. Could you please confirm, how frequently, it happens?

Have you observed any pattern when the issue occurs, so that we can try to reproduce at our end?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

As I said, I haven't noticed any pattern yet. Sometimes I won't face those errors for hours and sometimes they would occur multiple times in span of say 30 mins. Generally I'm forced to restart XD 7-8 during my work hours just due to the glitches.

One case where I most definitely face this issue is when I try to edit text in sticky notes made using 'Notes and Annotations' plugin by 'Tour de XD'. I can post about other cases too when they occur to me if that helps. If needed, you can redirect me to another thread for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 30, 2019 Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vaibhav,

Thank you for the info. I understand it could be annoying. I'd request you if you can capture the screenshot or create a GIF when you face the issue and share with us so that we can investigate the issue.

You can always start a new discussion, using this link: Adobe XD

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same thing. need to re-open xd on my win10 for several times. And this is 2020 Jule - the bug still remains

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2019 Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on Windows 10 x64 also. Running the latest Adobe XD version 21.1.12.3  Cloud Sync 4.3.0.292. This issue has been ongoing for months for me. I still have to close my projects multiple times per day (anywhere from 3-8 times on average). I find it is worst when editing text layers within a component - or deeper layers. I suddenly get stuck in the layer and I lose the ability to do anything. The only way out is to click on my artboard panel on another layer, but then I've lost the ability to edit ANY text. I cannot even rename the layers. All keyboard shortcuts stop working, including Ctrl+S. I have to close XD and start again. Also, I should note, I am working on local files that are in my Adobe XD folder, synch'ing to the cloud. They are not Cloud files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2019 Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. As soon as you activate the text tool, the application closes.

But my Windows build is more current.

Windows 10 x64 (19030.1)
Adobe XD 24.3.22
and I use a GTX 1050TI (with the updated drivers).

Has anyone been able to solve it in any way? I even restored windows and nothing worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing this info.  Like I suggested in my reply to your other post on this forum on the same topic, please get in touch with us using this link https://adobe.ly/2WYE62m for further investigation. Use the chat button to get started.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Preran!

I've done the procedure, I'm just waiting for a return from Adobe because the problem has been escalated.

The big problem is that this is generating delay in my deliveries, i even tried using another tool (InVision Studio) but certainly does not have the same work performance.

Thanks for the return,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines