• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD is crashing while editing text.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am in trouble with the latest version of xd. When I start typing with the text tool, it just crashes the app.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Crash on windows , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Hi there,

We are sorry for the trouble. In addition to what our experts have asked and suggested, I would suggest changing focus like minimizing and maximizing the XD window that helped various customers in past.

I am also checking with the team if there is a bug logged for this issue.

I will update here as soon as I hear back from the team.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Update: I checked with the team, there is already a bug logged for the issue and they identified that it's a Microsoft issue and they are working with the team to identify the root cause of it. 

We will update you as soon as the issue is fixed. 

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 231 Replies 231
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, it is still same 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to open older files and see and maybe edit any textual elements in them ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I have a new laptop, and I am using Adobe XD for 2-3 weeks in this laptop.
However, I have a one file which is edited in the old laptop(macbook). I saved in the cloud. I can get this file, but the same problem applies for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for trying the suggestion requested by Peter. I assume there are some system settings which is causing the issue. Could you please get in touch with our support team using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/contact.html so that you can get the immediate and remote assistance for the issue.

Let us know if you face any trouble connecting with them.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I selected Text and started typing, but I haven't seen any characters over the text area. For this silly reason, I have been using other tools but unfortunately, even I come back after half-year these issues are still there.

Adobe XD team  🙏

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just added a comment on this, I believe it is the same issue as you are having. Hope someone would pay attention to this. (https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010-adobe-xd-bugs-read-only/suggestions/37764643-frequently-...)

Comment 

This is a huge performance problem. I am not sure what is causing it, I have tried turning of Spellcheck as somebody mentioned, it didn't help.

I have a lot of components in my file, necessary for my project, I guess that could be the issue.
Another thing I suppose could impact this, is autosaving versions that have been released recently (I was searching for a way to setup autosaving time, it is too frequent since it does seem to impact performance).

Text that freezes is not only text I add to my designs but also entering dimensions, changing HEX values, renaming my components, basically, anything that you can type in Adobe XD.

I found a workaround that usually helps, but it is frustrating and takes a long time when it happens after every third action (as someone already mentioned). Minimizing and maximizing the window helps to unfreeze.

Please acknowledge this issue, it is a HUGE and frustrating problem since it takes three times more time to do anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your OS? Did this happens with other apps on your machine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't happen with other apps, it started with latest update, maybe even the previous one.
Here are some details:

Adobe XD

Computer

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version 10.0.17134
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8705G CPU @ 3.10GHz, 3096 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You also commented that Adobe Xd  freezing after update. As have been suggected in other convertsion try to make clean instalation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just tried that, uninstalled and installed again. 

The problem is still there. 

For example, I am typing something in my artboard, and then I click away, it is still in edit mode, text is selected, but if I start writing again, it is not responding. Then I try to zoom in/out, it is frozen. 

Then I minimize the window and maximize it again, the text is deselected (as I mentioned above, I expected that on click away and it is working after minimizing/maximizing window), and I can zoom in/out normally. 

As I wrote in other topic, it happens on anything that involves typing - from text on my designs, to dimensions, renaming components, layers etc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found the same unresolved issue, if it means anything, here it is 
https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/design-ui-text-fields-in-xd-break-every-once-in-a-while/td-p...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my OS is Windows 10, and it won't happen with other apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find typing another program and then coming back to XD fixes the probelm. works everytime

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try to use Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation issues? 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/text-typing-and-renaming/m-p/10900470?page=1#M22954

its removing old files and place wtih new ones. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have updated it just 2 days back

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are sorry to hear you are experiencing issues while using text tool in XD. In past we have seen the issue got resolved after upadting the operating system. We would request you to please check if you have any latest updates available for your operating system. If that doesn't help,would you mind sharing the log files and and XD file with me over a private message? You may generate the log file using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html and upload it to a shared location such as Creative Cloud and share the url with me.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been receiving Error 2143 and closing my cloud document after trying the co-editing function. 
I've installed V24.4.22 and now the text tool is not working, unable to highlight text to edit or start a new textbox. 

Move work to a new file is not an option for me as I need the same prototyping link! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been having this problem persistently. I have to shut my document several times while co editing.

Never before did XD asked to shutdown document. I have to ask others to shut it and this has been affecting work in a great way. Please help debugging this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for writing to us.

Regarding error 2143 ,this is a known issue and  we are investigating on this . Fix will  be shipping in the future release . We will notify you once it  is fixed .

And on XD 24.4.22 ,I tried to reproduce the  test tool issue but  i couldn't , its working fine for me . Could you please  provide more information like on which version of OS you are facing  this  issue , if possible please attach a video or gif  related to the same.

Regards,

Rajasekhar Reddy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ScreenRecording2019-11-28at25159.gif

Regardless of multiple clicks, the text won't highlight or allow me to edit. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, 

We have seen that the issue is getting fixed after updating the operating system. Would you mind trying to update your operating system if you've any updates available? Let us know if that helps.

We'd also suggest updating XD to the latest version(25.1). Please let us know if the issue still exists. We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm facing a very anoying issue: type tool sotps working randomly (about each 2-3 minutes) and I have to restart the application. It's really hard to work this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version and system is this?

Does that happen with all documents or just some?

Does that happen with all fonts?

Did it ever work?

Do you use font management?

Have you checked all fonts for corruption?

You have already restarted the computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andre, 

We apologize for the frustration. We have a similar discussion going on this post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/adobe-xd-is-crashing-while-editing-text/m-p/10807078#M20643 we would request you to please join the discussion and share the information asked by Monika Gause.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2019 Dec 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

Did you guys have problems while editing text? For example, sometimes, when I use the edit text tool the program just freezes and I cant make any changes to the text or choose another tool. I searched for past errors and this issue was resolved, but I beg the differ. For me it is still an issues. I have the latest driver update and xd version. 

Have a great day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines