• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD is crashing while editing text.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am in trouble with the latest version of xd. When I start typing with the text tool, it just crashes the app.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Crash on windows , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Hi there,

We are sorry for the trouble. In addition to what our experts have asked and suggested, I would suggest changing focus like minimizing and maximizing the XD window that helped various customers in past.

I am also checking with the team if there is a bug logged for this issue.

I will update here as soon as I hear back from the team.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Update: I checked with the team, there is already a bug logged for the issue and they identified that it's a Microsoft issue and they are working with the team to identify the root cause of it. 

We will update you as soon as the issue is fixed. 

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 231 Replies 231
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate your patience in the time this issue is resolved. Because there are other users with this issue on the forum, I would highly appreciate it if you could provide us with an update here after the team contacts you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2019 Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I have had this problem for a while, I updated the application recently hoping the issue would be resolved, but it seems to occur more frequently now. I pressed "send report" button a couple times after it crashed and I reopened. 

Windows 10 Pro 1909

XD 25.1.12

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

Ever since I downloaded and started to use Adobe XD (from the start) it used to crash and bugs were apparent. Now, my Adobe XD has been updated to the newest version, and I cannot edit text.

Is this just a bug in the new update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Taylor,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please share a few more details like:

1. The version of XD and the Operating System.
  2. Does this happen while working on a specific file or multiple files?
  3. Do you use an additional external monitor?
  4. If you have the Windows Operating System, please ensure that the graphics card driver is up to date as per the manufacturer's website.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 on this. Although I'm experiencing this bug for ever now. There are literally dozens of posts about this on Adobe forum and noone seems to care, just some ctrl+c/ctrl+v responses everytime... 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am sorry for the bad experience. I understand it could be frustrating for you. However, when we previously logged a bug. Team investigated that the issue was with the operating system. I would suggest checking if you have any updates available for your operating system. If no, I would request you to please share the above asked information so that I can log a new bug for your issue.

I will try my best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same thing. need to re-open xd on my win10 for several times a day. And this is 2020 Jule - the bug still remains

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear you are experiencing issues while editing text in XD. We would like to know a few more details so that we can again escalate it to our team for investigation-

• Have you noticed any specific action triggering this behavior?
  • Is it happening with every file or with a specific file?
  • Is it happening with a specific text box or randomly with any?
  • How often do you experience this issue?
  • Please share the OS and XD version of your machine.
  • Please make sure your graphic card driver and operating system are up to date.
  • Are you using any external monitor?

I know these are too many questions. However, in order to log a bug for the issue we would need all the information so that the team can investigate it.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed, this is still a problem.

Happens lot of time when editing text.

XD just becomes unresponsive and sometimes it might come back after several minutes but I have not time to do that every time dozen times a day.

Restarting XD helps sometimes but more often the problem comes back after just a couple minutes.

I have tried reinstalling, updating OS and XD. Nothing works.

I-need-a-fix. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having this issue increasingly over the past few weeks.  It's increadibly annoying and I'm about ready to swap to Figma!!  I can't believe this has been around since November and still isn't fixed!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am sorry for the frustration and bad experience with XD crashing. Is it possible for you to share the details asked in this post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/crash-load-adobe-xd-is-crashing-while-editing-text/m-p/11304... with me so that we can investigate the issue and escalate the issue to the team?

I will try my best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,
Sorry if a post like this already exists.
I have a big problem with Xd for a few weeks / months, it freezes a lot!
Especially when I want to edit a text, or change its text options. And I often encounter these freeze problems when I want to edit a shape size also in the edit panel (right).

My updates are done, drivers done, and I have the case on my 2 computers (my big gamer and my laptop, I'm on windows). I do not understand where it can come from. I have told friends about it and they have the same concerns. Xd can freeze almost a minute, and every 5 minutes it starts again, it's hell! The only solution to quit freeze is to click on "save", but it starts again as soon as I want to edit a text.

If you have solutions i take them

Thanks 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. I'd request if you can share a few more details like:

1. The version of Adobe XD.
  2. Does this happen on a specific file or multiple files?
  3. Does this happen with local documents or cloud documents?
  4. Please ensure that the graphic card driver should be up to date as per the manufacturer's website.
  5. Will it be possible for you to uninstall and reinstall the graphic card driver? If possible please do that and reboot the machine and check again.
  6. This can also happen because of corrupt text boxes, please try identifying if there are any corrupt text boxes.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For us it's gotten to the point where we spend over an hour/day waiting for XD to unfreeze so we can edit text.

My question is: seeing how there are numerous posts on this topic going back over a year (on multiple OS, multiple versions of the same OS, multiple devices, multiple versions of XD, etc.) do have any plans to fix it in the app or are you planning to continue troubleshooting every case individually?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry for the frustration. I completely agree with you that the issue has been occurred in past and we logged a bug for it as well. However, the team realised that issue was with operating system. 

If you are still facing the issue, we would request you to please share the details so that we can log another bug for the issue and the team can investigate on it.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cursor doesn't appear when I try to edit text and it crashes every time when I try to copy from text box. it happened with both my laptop and desktop. My XD is updated with latest ver. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with XD while editing text. A few more details would be super helpful so that we can investigate and escalate it to the team.

• Have you noticed any specific action triggering this behavior?
  • Is it happening with every file or with a specific file?
  • Is it happening with a specific text box or randomly with any?
  • How often do you experience this issue?
  • Please share the OS and XD version of your machine.
  • Please make sure your graphic card driver and operating system are up to date.
  • Are you using any external monitor?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you considered recommending people change the font being used.

I just came across this when using XD for the first time, similar or same issues as people having been having for months.

Recommending it is another provider / update / OS does not work over such a long timeframe, the one commonality appears to be that "A Font" is being used and not all are made equal.

I was using Poppins, will test with other font and see if problem recurrs. Recommend other do similar test and report if there are problem fonts.

Regards

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My xd Is randomely crashing while working on It , specially when using text tool. And this is crash report after opening it. Macbookpro 15 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Omar,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please share a few more details like:

1. The version of XD and macOS.
  2. Is this happening on a specific file or multiple files?
  3. Please share system logs by following the steps shared here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Rishbh

1- Latest version of xd - Mac OS Catalina v. 10.15.6

2- Not a certain file , but it happens eventually when I type with Arabic language

Thanks for responding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe XD  freezes / crashes while using text tool.

The crazy behavior of XD while using text tool,

1. Unable to edit text

2. Text typed in text box is received in  font Name or size field

3. Text tool is frozen, not able to create any new text in the artboard

4. Not able to change any properties of the text

5. Not able to select the text inside the text box

6. Problem remains until closed and reopened again, sometime it requires multiple close/ reopen sequence.  

7. While in the freeze state not able to save the changes, but while closing the app it asks for save changes.

I'm wondering,  may be this bug is considered to be the most lucky one to keep all the way,  as it survives through all the versions of XD so  far .

This bug is reported by many times by users . 

But the bug is solid across all the updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, it's a problem that's been plaguing us for a long time, for me it happened a lot a few versions back, not so much recently. Does the Alt+Tab workaround not work? Switch to another app and back to Xd. It seems to be working for me when it happens. Also, make sure graphics drivers & Windows are up to date (I believe it only happens on Win due to the "amazing" UWP experience 🙂  ). Not sure if I can suggest anything other than that.

Otherwise, I really hope the team starts focusing on clearing this and other annoying bugs.
Unfortunately, we can only hope 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many times facing a problem while tried to edit text XD freeze its interface.
after electing on any layer from the layer panel it becomes unfrozen. and when again I trying to edit the text interface freeze again and again and again.
please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tellsto,

Sorry for this issue you are facing in Xd. Would you please try the steps menioned in this thread https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/adobe-xd-freezes-crashes-while-using-the-text-tool/td-p/1166... as it talks of the same issue.

Regards,

Jagriti Kashyap

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines