• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD Keeps Freezing Constantly

Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Newer user to Adobe XD. I have an XD file now that's grown to only about 180MB, but it's gotten to the point where it's constantly causing Adobe XD to freeze, sometimes for several minutes at a time. Random actions seem to trigger freeze - deleting elements and making large symbols (this can sometimes cause it to freeze for several minutes), moving elements, editing elements, everything seems to randomly cause it. It sort of acts the same as when it's trying to save, so I'm wondering if those actions are triggering some autosave (which would normally be beneficial) that's causing this. Closing the application and then reopening it seems to fix the problem for about 10 minutes before it starts to occur again. So, I'm having to constantly close XD and reopen to work with it. I'm editing the file on our local machine too on SSDs, not over the network or anything (seems to make no difference either way though).

I've attached a gif whereyou can see this happening. In it I'm clicking constantly but nothing is happening. This was triggered simply from changing the font family on a text box. At the end you can see where it unfreezes and then all of my click actions take place all at once.

I have a windows 10 PC with all of the latest windows/video driver/adobe updates, specs are 32GB of ram, 2GB AMD video card, and intel i7-6700k. This doesn't seem to occur on other PCs we've tried. I've rebooted, made sure almost nothing else was running, and the problem still occurs. I've tried completely removing and reinstalling XD as well. No other programs or adobe programs give me this issue.

Adobe XD freezing.gif

Also another weird issue that we notice is that our keyboard shortcuts randomly change. We use spacebar+click to drag a lot, and suddenly that changes to the zoom-in shortcut, and other normal ctrl+ keyboard shortcuts just stop working for (what seems like) a set of time until it works again. This we've reproduced on several PCs with several different users.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JorenR,

Please send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone number along with the URL of this post. To send a private message, click my picture and use the message button. We will get in touch with you for further investigation.

Thanks,Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI. I experience Adobe XD freezing on a document as well - I didn't realize it ever "came back" as I would just kill it (losing my work). Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This appears to be a widespread problem. It might be helpful to look at an individual file, but it appears to be triggered by many things. In my case, I just tried to save it locally. I'm on Mac Catalina, not Windows. Clearly, this is a problem with the XD app itself and not with an isolated

individual file. Please let us all know what you find out because it is unusable right now and it looks like a useful app in concept.

Thanks,

MHBrown

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently experiencing the exact same issue. XD usually starts functioning after about 30 to 45 seconds of waiting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone who finds this, ended up narrowing the problem down to my specific Windows 10 user account on my PC. If I created another account and opened XD there then I would not have any of these issues (except the keyboard shortcut issue I mentioned). What actually causes the problem, Adobe doesn't know either, so I'll just have to deal with setting everything up on another user account and deleting my old one I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.

Even sometimes the keyboard dontwork.. 😕

Processor

Processor

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz

Manufacturer

Intel

Speed

2.8 GHz

Number of Cores

CPU ID

BFEBFBFF000906E9

Family

Model

9E

Stepping

Revision

Memory

RAM

16 GB

Video Card

Video Card

Intel(R) HD Graphics 630

Manufacturer

Chipset

Intel(R) HD Graphics 630

Dedicated Memory

128 MB

Total Memory

4.0 GB

Pixel Shader Version

Vertex Shader Version

Hardware T & L

Yes

Vendor ID

Device

591B

Plug and Play ID

VEN_8086&DEV_591B&SUBSYS_07BE1028&REV_04

Driver Version

Video Card #2

Video Card

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050

Manufacturer

Chipset

GeForce GTX 1050

Dedicated Memory

3.0 GB

Total Memory

4.0 GB

Pixel Shader Version

Vertex Shader Version

Hardware T & L

Yes

Vendor ID

10DE

Device

1C8D

Plug and Play ID

VEN_10DE&DEV_1C8D&SUBSYS_07BE1028&REV_A1

Driver Version

Operating System

Operating System

Microsoft Windows 10 (build 16299), 64-bit

Service Pack

Size

64-bit

Edition

Intel

Version

Locale

BIOS

BIOS

Version

Dell Inc. 1.4.0

Manufacturer

Dell Inc.

Date

Sound

Audio 1

Sound Device

Realtek Audio

Driver

Audio 2

Sound Device

Intel(R) lyd til skærm

Driver

Audio 3

Sound Device

Powerbeats Wireless Stereo

Driver

Audio 4

Sound Device

NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)

Driver

Audio 5

Sound Device

Powerbeats Wireless Hands-Free

Driver

Drives

DVD

CD

Size

463.0 GB

Free Memory

312.9 GB

Software

Internet Explorer

Chrome

Firefox

Safari

Java

Flash

DirectX

.NET

QuickTime

Adobe PDF Reader

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OSX 10.14.6
Adobe CC XD Version 41.0.12.11 x64
Latest update listed above is not usable due to continued lockups, despite frequent restarts, over 48gb of ram available and plenty of storage.

Prior version to this was working 100% No wan to revert back as XD locks you into the latest version and no way to go backwards. Not a good workflow when you need to get something done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue since the latest update. It's locked at various times but the most recent one was when it was trying to auto save, I have had to kill the process to shut XD and restart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Please share a few more details like:

1. The version of XD and OS.
  2. Computer configuration.
  3. Is it slow on a specific file or multiple files?
  4. Does any specific action causes the app to run slow or it's slow throughout?
  5. While using XD, please take a screenshot of the Task Manager/Activity Monitor capturing the memory used by XD process.

We're here to help, just need more information.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rishabh, 

As stated above earlier:

Mac OSX 10.14.6
Adobe CC XD Version 41.0.12.11 x64

48GB ram

Slow on all files. Specifically when switching tools or pressing spacebar to drag artboard around. The menu is non-responsive but will come back after a brief pause where the program is non-responsive. The app is slow throughout.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming, Shaun. The current version of XD is 41.1.12 so could you please try uninstalling XD using the Adobe Cleaner Tool and then install the latest version and let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

same here and it seems noone is reading my crash reports so I'll leave it here: 

It just stopped working. The more I work in XD the more I want to get an alternative. Sorry, but these glitches became normal and I experience them all time I work with content-heavy pages - approx. once per two hours. I really hope that this project will come to its end and I could start a new one in another software. I restarted pc, delete temp files, optimize my xd projects, talked to support team and installed cleaning software from Adobe, but still it takes 50%-78% of memory this is abnormal and normal work pace is letterarly unavailable. I get paid for each hour of my work and when 30% of the time is waiting for the XD to wake up it came result in troubles to my professional reputation and reasonability of charges.

Attached is a screenshot of One-page website with a single image on it and pleanty of text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines