Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD latest version 34.1.12 crashes, has huge loading times

Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I wrote this message on another thread and on private to one of the staff members here (Harshika). Please help!

Adobe XD latest version 34.1.12 crashes, has huge loading times and memory used to maximum for files that previous took 20 seconds to load. After 10-15 minutes the file is somethimes loaded
I'm using Windows 10, and Google Drive File Stream but tested directly on HDD and the same result.
Any help counts. Thank you.

TOPICS
Crash on windows , Data loss , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Please collect and share the system logs by following the steps shared here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

We'll escalate this further so that we can identify the root cause of the issue.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, Thank you for your response.

I have uninstalled the latest version and installed an older one 33.1.12 and this one works great in the same enviroment, but now I can't work on files that were saved with the latest versions, so I really need this to be fixed.

I have downloaded the Log Collector Tool and uploaded the file but will the team be able to view the problem since I have uninstalled the trouble version?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having all these same issues on my Mac since the 34.1.12 update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like 34.4.12 finally fixed the CPU issues, at least on my Mac!

However, since I had to delete my Library to even open and view my files over the last two weeks, now my components are all broken. I republished my Library after the 34.4.12, and it contains all the same components that are now showing up as broken "Document assets" in my individual design files. How do I relink all these components to the new Library?

There used to be a feature in InDesign where you could fix a broken asset link and it would search the same folder for the remaining broken links. I would imagine this would need to work in a similar way:

Select a broken component > Relink > Choose Library to relink from > Document will search Library document for all matching broken links

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We won't be able to use the logs if you already uninstalled the version before collecting the logs.

Meanwhile, would you mind trying the following steps and then tell us if the issue still reproduce?

Steps:
1. Update to XD 34.1.
2. Load the file from HDD. Here it may take a while until is finished loading.
3. After loading, save the file to HDD.
4. Reload the file saved on Step 3. Now it should load faster.

If the file saved on Step 3 still loads slower than it did before, can you please DM me with a link to the file and the logs associated to further investigate the issue on our side?

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@edwina

Updated Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit to 1909 and then to 20H2;

Video card drivers up-to-date (Geforce GTX 960);

Reinstalled the latest version available 34.1.12.9, Creative Cloud Sync 43.61.1.

The problem is still there but...

The loading time increases massively and crashing happens when I load files from the CLOUD.

Tested with 5 files opened at the same time from HDD and loads normaly. No crashes. Everything works. But when loading files from the cloud with many components inside, the memory and processor goes to the roof and in the end crashing happens. With previous versions of Adobe XD it worked fine. The files are quite big let's say 40MB each with many elements inside.

Any help?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tested more and the loading time, high memory+processor usage and interface freeze happens again. The files are loaded ONLY from hard drive not from cloud and the problem is still there.

I uploaded the logfile again AdobeLogs_20201029_031127_141-win.zxp. This time I have not uninstalled the problematic version of Adobe XD 34.1.12.9

Any help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Sorin0D4B ,

Can you PM me with the location from where to download the logs? Also, can you please provide the file where you see the issue?

Meanwhile, is the issue reproducible on other PCs as well?

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi@EdvinA. ,

The logfile was uploaded using your Log Collector Tool and I think you should have it on your server. If not please suggest a server where can I upload it for you.

About the reproduction of the problem yes, we are few colleagues that had or have this issue but some have MAC and with some updates managed to get rid of the problem, one had a totaly new computer to fix a similar issue some time ago, and one still has the same issues as I have on Windows 10 but not that often.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Sorin0D4B ,

I've managed to get the logs and opened a bug.

Would you also be kind enough to provide the file(s) where you encounter the issue? Please upload them to any shared location like DropBox or Google Drive and then send me a private message with that link.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having exact same issues, my computer cannot open 2 xd files now, in the past, before XD 34, it can open 5-6 files at the same time. 

Please fix it. I see a huge amount of GPU is taken. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I have the same problem. In addition, an error occurred "Something went wrong initializing Creative Cloud Libraries"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing the same issue. This update has been crashing Adobe XD fo me and as many has mentioned, it takes 100% CPU resource. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Irene5C24 , @Анна5C52 , @WB4UX 

Can you please provide me the XD files where you see the issue? Please upload them to any shared location like DropBox or Google Drive and then send me a private message with that link.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, @edwina

The problem is observed in all files only in versions: 34.2.12, 34.1.12, 34.0.12 in version 33.1.12 everything worked fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @EdvinA. 

I experienced the same issues as @Анна5C52 , it shows on all of the XD files since updated to XD 34.

Issues not happen on XD 33 and earlier version. 

As I am working on company projects not personal projects, cannot share the files...

I guess it is something related to 3D, as not only CPU, but also GPU is taken. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @EdvinA. 

I work with company's project and will not be able to upload those files here. But here are the observations 

My files were on the cloud and I was not able to open them in Adobe XD. I did the following to try to eliminate problems 

1. Downloaded the cloud file to a local file. I opened a local file of less than a few Kb from local which opened comfortably but not the downloaded 16 MB file. I opened a new file, it opened successfully too. 

2. Uninstalled creative cloud, cleared all the old files, etc and installed back again, the same situation 

3. Uninstalled creative cloud and signed out 

4. Installed Adobe XD not under my enterprise plan but standalone, opened the same file in local which was 16MB, it opened without problems. 

5. I am trying to reinstall Creative Cloud and Adobe XD on my enterprise plan, I am getting problems with the installation now. That is a different topic. 

However, I deleted a lot of files from my drive, it did not solve the 100% CPU usage, though it stopped crashing my browser and other clients like skype etc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update :

I was able to install it again ( I will not mention the details here of
how)

the file opens from the cloud, but it does not allow me to do anything on
it and crashes. It crashes my other applications too.

Cheers!

Writika <personal information deleted by moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @edwina!

I tried to install the new version on another PC, it works stably. I have sent logs for verification, I am waiting for an answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the logs.

Can you please specify the name of the logs that were uploaded? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure: AdobeLogs_20201102_092018_241-win.zxp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here... Works fine on my laptop but freezes on my PC. Same version. Been happening since a recent update.

Exacerbated by files with lots of components.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am really sorry (this is completely off topic) but I could not find a thread/answer for this question anywhere. How do you instert a link that takes you to a website? Every time I try it just does not turn into a link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jack Charlton ,

Check out more details here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/how-does-one-insert-a-hyperlink-into-an-xd-document/td-p/108...

It looks like what you are looking for.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines