Highlighted

Adobe XD latest version 34.1.12 crashes, has huge loading times

Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I wrote this message on another thread and on private to one of the staff members here (Harshika). Please help!

Adobe XD latest version 34.1.12 crashes, has huge loading times and memory used to maximum for files that previous took 20 seconds to load. After 10-15 minutes the file is somethimes loaded
I'm using Windows 10, and Google Drive File Stream but tested directly on HDD and the same result.
Any help counts. Thank you.

Hello,

Small update: We have identified some issues that may cause huge loading times and high CPU usage and we are currently looking into it.

Thanks,

TOPICS
Crash on windows, Data loss, Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe XD latest version 34.1.12 crashes, has huge loading times

Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I wrote this message on another thread and on private to one of the staff members here (Harshika). Please help!

Adobe XD latest version 34.1.12 crashes, has huge loading times and memory used to maximum for files that previous took 20 seconds to load. After 10-15 minutes the file is somethimes loaded
I'm using Windows 10, and Google Drive File Stream but tested directly on HDD and the same result.
Any help counts. Thank you.

Hello,

Small update: We have identified some issues that may cause huge loading times and high CPU usage and we are currently looking into it.

Thanks,

TOPICS
Crash on windows, Data loss, Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 28, 2020 4
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I use 34.0.12 version of Adobe XD on Win10 and I don't know why it runs so slow.  I need to wait for 1-2 mins to do next action. That makes me mad. It's my first experience with Adobe XD. I've also use other Adobes for 1 year but they aren't like XD. I'll really appretiate if you help me to solve this problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 25, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please update XD to the latest version which 34.1.12.9 and let us know how it works. If it still slow, please share a few more details like:

1. Is it slow while working on a specific file or multiple files?
  2. Please share a screenshot of the Task manager capturing memory utilization by Adobe XD process.
  3. Please collect and share system logs by following the steps shared here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

Regards

Rishabh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishabh,

Thank you for your respons. Okay let me try that.

Cheers,

Bagul.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upon opening XD this morning, I was hit with huge performance issues as you can see in the screenshot below. Within 1 minute of opening the app, I hit upwards of 70% CPU usage and 9GB of RAM usage.

It slows my computer to a halt. I cannot use Adobe XD right now because of this.

ElQ7B-bVcAExIsU.png

Any help would be great, thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 26, 2020 1
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eric,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing high memory usage after XD 34.1. Would you mind telling us the size of the file or does this happen with every file or with a specific file? Could you please generate the logs using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html and upload it to a shared location such as Creative Cloud or Dropbox and share the url with me over a private message along with the XD file for testing purpose?

Note: Please add the url of the post over a PM for reference.

We will try our best to escalate the issu.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 26, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Please collect and share the system logs by following the steps shared here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

We'll escalate this further so that we can identify the root cause of the issue.

Regards

Rishabh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, Thank you for your response.

I have uninstalled the latest version and installed an older one 33.1.12 and this one works great in the same enviroment, but now I can't work on files that were saved with the latest versions, so I really need this to be fixed.

I have downloaded the Log Collector Tool and uploaded the file but will the team be able to view the problem since I have uninstalled the trouble version?

Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having all these same issues on my Mac since the 34.1.12 update

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like 34.4.12 finally fixed the CPU issues, at least on my Mac!

However, since I had to delete my Library to even open and view my files over the last two weeks, now my components are all broken. I republished my Library after the 34.4.12, and it contains all the same components that are now showing up as broken "Document assets" in my individual design files. How do I relink all these components to the new Library?

There used to be a feature in InDesign where you could fix a broken asset link and it would search the same folder for the remaining broken links. I would imagine this would need to work in a similar way:

Select a broken component > Relink > Choose Library to relink from > Document will search Library document for all matching broken links

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open any XD file integral to our design system, Activity Monitor shows the program using 40+ GB of memory. The application freezes and crashes, and I have to force quit. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling and restarting my computer multiple times. XD has been totally unusable for our design system for a couple of days now.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble and for the delay in response. Could you please share a few more details like:

1. The exact version of XD and OS.
  2. Is this happening with a specific file or multiple files?
  3. Please collect and share system logs by following the steps shared here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

Regards

Rishabh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2020 0