• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD Live Link slow/non-functional performance across all browsers and different computers.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, our live link prototype does not function properly. Clicking on linked elements in the live web preview does nothing, even though the hotspots show up as clickable. When we try to flip through pages of our wireframe via the pagination at the bottom, there's a huge lag on clicks and then the prototype will shoot forward 6 pages suddenly. It never goes to the next page; sometimes it goes to page 3, sometimes page 12. As it stands, this live link is non functional; we can't use it to collaborate or gather feedback from non XD users, and as such it renders XD useless for us.

I have the latest updated version of XD. This issue is not specific to any one computer or browser; it happens on multiple computers and browsers, as it's an issue with the live link and not the native file. The native file prototype performs fine on our native computers, but the collaborative live link does not.

The wireframes are made up of simple vector shapes and text; no large image files or complex design elements. This shouldn't be a performance problem. This live link also performed beautifully when we had 3 pages, and now is absolutely broken now that we've wiremapped out most of our site.

Advice or solutions please.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Issue Update:

The file in question somehow had a textfield without content. Typically these are deleted in Adobe XD authoring, but somehow one got in, likely from authoring.

This is causing issues with the auto-animate web player. We are working on a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the inquiry.

We would have to examine your xd file and/or a link to your prototype in order to diagnose further.

It would be best if you could share privately to myself or one of my colleagues. Feel free to connect with me directly in this forum if you have a dropbox or some similar mechanism for sharing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, yes, we would definitely like to find out what's going on.  

Ideally the source/link, as Corey mentioned, but otherwise it would be great to know a few other things:

Some things to help reproduce:

1. Does your prototype have any auto-animate links?

2. What XD version did you publish with?

3. What OS did you publish with? 

Thanks for the help - looking forward to resolving this.

Daniel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there; I'm working to get access to our share file so that I can send this XD file out to you guys, but in the meantime:

1. It doesn't; I actually googled this issue and this was one of the culprits mentioned in other posts, so I've gone through and made sure any auto-animate has been switched to transition, and have turned all transition animations to "none."  This had no effect on the live link.

2. I'm using XD version 15.0.12.8

3. I'm using MacOS Mojave Version 10.14.2

I'll private message the live link to you both. Once I can get access to our sharefile account, I'll send over the xd file as well, but basically, the xd file works beautifully in presentation mode.  The live link, well..it's doing what you'll soon see it's doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We reproduced this issue and are investigating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just sent both of you the XD file as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue Update:

The file in question somehow had a textfield without content. Typically these are deleted in Adobe XD authoring, but somehow one got in, likely from authoring.

This is causing issues with the auto-animate web player. We are working on a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great! We removed the problematic area and reimported the asset with all the text fields filled in, and that seems to have fixed the issue. We'll keep an eye on it and make sure to report back if anything else causes the same problem. Thanks so much for your prompt replies and quick attention to this issue!

Katie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines