• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD - Missing some letters when exporting an artboard to PDF

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2019 Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Adobe XD for Windows. When I export an artboard as a PDF, some letters are missing. Especially the "W". How can I fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 12, 2019 Apr 12, 2019

I don't have an exact date, but it will be in the May release.  I really wish I could get this into your hands today!

One workaround. It is possible to export all artboards as high resolution PNGs, and then combine them into an Acrobat PDF pretty easily if you have the pro version of Acrobat. Far from ideal, I know.   (Tools > Create PDF).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2019 Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! We recently discovered a bug and are working right now to fix it in a future release of XD. Stay tuned!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2019 Mar 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, I had to send the design in PDF to my client because the prototype doesn't have scroll bars and she doesn't use a mouse in her laptop so she can't see the full design, and now the PDF looks really weird. Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've got a fix on the way in the next release. Thanks for reporting and your patience!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2019 Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When? This is really important to me. I have the same issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2019 Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have an exact date, but it will be in the May release.  I really wish I could get this into your hands today!

One workaround. It is possible to export all artboards as high resolution PNGs, and then combine them into an Acrobat PDF pretty easily if you have the pro version of Acrobat. Far from ideal, I know.   (Tools > Create PDF).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2019 Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Please fix this. How hard can this be? Exporting from one Adobe App to another. XD is out some years now and still feels like a buggy MVP. Really sad. XD should never have been released in such crappy state....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and actually i'm having loads of problems with XD...

it's kind of ridiculous since adobe subscription isn't cheap like the softwares they are making.

I've seen better online prototype softwares that works better... with way more useful features,

that actually works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2019 May 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any update no this bug? we also have deadlines.. and deadlines means death to most of us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zipoi,

I understand your frustration about this situation, as a workaround, please check Dwabyick1's response in message #7. To stay tuned to this, please upvote this request: - Some letters are missing when exporting to a PDF – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs and share comments to add your voice!

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am facing the export issue in XD, i cant able to export a bigger artboard if still export some of the images are not export along with the file, its so frustrating to me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue creating a PDF, even though Adobe has the fonts installed for XD you don't have them in your system and it's a glitch. SO, I went to google fonts and got the font families and loaded them to my machine. Next time I printed the missing fonts and letters were displaying correctly. Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you help me with that problem i am facing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2019 May 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Download the fonts that is displaying the missing character from google fonts and load them onto your machine. Restart your machine then try rendering the PDF again. That is what worked for me. Even though XD activates the font for the prototype is does not translate to printing for some reason. Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines