Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD not launching - only seeing a white screen for a few seconds

Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Adobe XD keeps crashing on startup, showing a white screen for 1-10 seconds. It just won't launch. I've tried all the solutions I can find online, including:

I've also tried creating a new user account, with no luck. I looked it up in Event Viewer, where I found this error report:

Emmy5FDA_0-1610125848031.png

I've seen that twinapi.appcore.dll was an issue, yet my issue comes from KERNELBASE.dll, which I've tried to fix, but without any luck either. This is becoming really frustrating since I've also tried installing earlier versions, of which v.20 worked. Any newer version doesn't. I need to work with component states due to a school project, of which the deadline is within 10 days. I really need help with this.

TOPICS
Crash on windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Hi,

I managed to fix the problem today. I reinstalled Windows 10 and updated all of my drivers, Creative Cloud and Windows itself. I revisited the pages with the 4 given solutions, tried the first one and managed to get Adobe XD up and running. 🙂 

So that means this issue is finally fixed. Thank you for your help.

Kind regards,

Emmy

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Emmy,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Since you have already tried the basic troubleshooting steps, we'll need a few details to investigate the issue on our end:

1. Please ensure that you have the latest version of Windows 10 and graphics card driver as per the manufacturer's website.
  2. If it is already updated and still you are experiencing this, please uninstall XD using the Adobe Cleaner Tool: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html once it's uninstalled, please re-install and check how it goes.
  3. If it still doesn't work, please enable and share crash dump by following the steps shared here: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/how-to-generate-crash-dump-on-windows-machine.html and also share system logs by following the steps shared here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

Note: Please collect Crash dump and system logs and add them to shared cloud storage, like DropBox or Google Drive and share the link through DM by clicking on my name. While sending DM, please add this discussion link in the subject.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I managed to fix the problem today. I reinstalled Windows 10 and updated all of my drivers, Creative Cloud and Windows itself. I revisited the pages with the 4 given solutions, tried the first one and managed to get Adobe XD up and running. 🙂 

So that means this issue is finally fixed. Thank you for your help.

Kind regards,

Emmy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear that, Emmy! Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions or issues in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines