Highlighted

Adobe XD not maximized when start

Explorer ,
May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I just installed Adobe XD and when I start it it's not maximized. I maximized it and then reopened it but still the same thing. It again goes to half on the screen.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Dan Rodney | Adobe Community Professional

You're on Windows, right? Sadly XD doesn't remember that you want it maximized, but you can resize the window to make it large, then close the window and new windows from then on should use that new window size. You can't use the maximize feature though, it won't remember that 😞

TOPICS
Crash on mac, Crash on windows, Data loss, Design, Download install and licensing, Extensibility, How to, Import and export, Missing feature, Open and save docs, Plug-ins, Preview, Product performance, Prototyping, Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe XD not maximized when start

Explorer ,
May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I just installed Adobe XD and when I start it it's not maximized. I maximized it and then reopened it but still the same thing. It again goes to half on the screen.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Dan Rodney | Adobe Community Professional

You're on Windows, right? Sadly XD doesn't remember that you want it maximized, but you can resize the window to make it large, then close the window and new windows from then on should use that new window size. You can't use the maximize feature though, it won't remember that 😞

TOPICS
Crash on mac, Crash on windows, Data loss, Design, Download install and licensing, Extensibility, How to, Import and export, Missing feature, Open and save docs, Plug-ins, Preview, Product performance, Prototyping, Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 23, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 23, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not what happens in my case. When I resize the XD window manually, Windows won't remember it at all at startup. But when I maximize it, XD remembers it for about 1 second, however, after that, it refreshes the window size back to your standard size.

I'm 99% sure, that you override the Windows window size on startup! Please don't do that!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2020 1